DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Woodcraft Parallel Clamps 25 Percent Off (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/290058-woodcraft-parallel-clamps-25-percent-off.html)

-MIKE- October 22nd 09 09:08 PM

Woodcraft Parallel Clamps 25 Percent Off

"WoodRiver Parallel Clamps Save 25% Now Through October 31, 2009"

http://www.woodcraft.com/catalog/family.aspx?id=2005903&refcode=09IN10RL

12"-22 bucks
50"-33 bucks.

Decent prices on decent clamps.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

[email protected] October 22nd 09 11:00 PM

Woodcraft Parallel Clamps 25 Percent Off

On Thu, 22 Oct 2009 15:08:45 -0500, -MIKE-
wrote:

"WoodRiver Parallel Clamps Save 25% Now Through October 31, 2009"
http://www.woodcraft.com/catalog/family.aspx?id=2005903&refcode=09IN10RL

I'm wondering how the compare mechanically to the Besseys,
Cabinetmasters etc? Visually they're comparable, but as to actual use?

Larry Blanchard October 22nd 09 11:55 PM

wrote:

"WoodRiver Parallel Clamps Save 25% Now Through October 31, 2009"
http://www.woodcraft.com/catalog/family.aspx?

id=2005903&refcode=09IN10RL

I'm wondering how the compare mechanically to the Besseys,
Cabinetmasters etc? Visually they're comparable, but as to actual use?

IIRC, they're either made by Bessey for Woodcraft or they're made under
license from Bessey. I've got a few and like them, but I think the
Besseys are a little smoother.

-MIKE- October 23rd 09 04:52 AM

wrote:
"WoodRiver Parallel Clamps Save 25% Now Through October 31, 2009"
http://www.woodcraft.com/catalog/family.aspx?id=2005903&refcode=09IN10RL

I'm wondering how the compare mechanically to the Besseys,
Cabinetmasters etc? Visually they're comparable, but as to actual use?

I messed around with them when I was at the store and they seemed to
work just as good as my new Jets.
But I honestly don't have much of a track record using nice parallels,
as these Jets are the first I've owned.

But, Woodcraft (stores) have a great return policy, so you could check
'em out.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Kevin October 23rd 09 05:56 AM

wrote:

"WoodRiver Parallel Clamps Save 25% Now Through October 31, 2009"
http://www.woodcraft.com/catalog/family.aspx?id=2005903&refcode=09IN10RL

I'm wondering how the compare mechanically to the Besseys,
Cabinetmasters etc? Visually they're comparable, but as to actual use?

I have both original Bessey and the Woodriver (mine say Woodcraft on
them as I got them before they came up with that separate name) and
the only real difference is the handles are not quite as nice, but you
can still get a good grip on them. The ones on the newer Besseys are
better than either of them. For lighter duty short ones I recommend
the uniklamps though, a little pricey for what they are but so much
lighter. I reach for the uniklamps first unless I need something over
18" or I know I'm going to have to bear down hard.

-Kevin

Leon[_6_] October 23rd 09 03:50 PM

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
"WoodRiver Parallel Clamps Save 25% Now Through October 31, 2009"
http://www.woodcraft.com/catalog/family.aspx?id=2005903&refcode=09IN10RL

I'm wondering how the compare mechanically to the Besseys,
Cabinetmasters etc? Visually they're comparable, but as to actual use?

I messed around with them when I was at the store and they seemed to work
just as good as my new Jets.
But I honestly don't have much of a track record using nice parallels, as
these Jets are the first I've owned.

I have The new Bessey Revo's Cabinet Masters, and the Jets.

I still don't like the foot at the end of the Bessey's, you still need a
work surface as large as the clamp is long for the foot to be useful. The
foot moves along the bar on the Jets and Cabinet Masters.
The Bessey Revo's are as smooth as the Cabinet Masters so far, the Jets are
crotchity to adjust and the screw adjustment just does not seem as refined,
it is not as smooth to crank down on. The Jets are more like diamonds in
the rough, they need to be polished a bit more.