Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Violin making course

Hello,

If you're interested, you can start making your own violin. Just follow
this link if this sounds tempting:
http://apenberg.free.fr/crbst_21.html

Thank,

Pascal

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pascal wrote:
Hello,

If you're interested, you can start making your own violin. Just follow
this link if this sounds tempting:
http://apenberg.free.fr/crbst_21.html

Thank,

Pascal

Mr. Pascal,

I was interested, but it would save peoples time if you mention that you
are referring to course having tuition which is in south-west France. I
was thinking of getting the somewhat pricey book on violin building by
Courtnall and Johnson and the price of a trip to France makes it look
cheap! How do you know Ms. Alexandra Apenberg? Maybe she could publish
a video for the Internet?

Bill
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2009-10-09 18:20:52 +0200, Bill said:

Pascal wrote:
Hello,

If you're interested, you can start making your own violin. Just follow
this link if this sounds tempting:
http://apenberg.free.fr/crbst_21.html

Thank,

Pascal

Mr. Pascal,

I was interested, but it would save peoples time if you mention that
you are referring to course having tuition which is in south-west
France. I was thinking of getting the somewhat pricey book on violin
building by Courtnall and Johnson and the price of a trip to France
makes it look cheap! How do you know Ms. Alexandra Apenberg? Maybe she
could publish
a video for the Internet?

Bill

Hello Bill,

You're perfectly right. As an excuse I must say that I don't know the
location of the people on this forum.
I know the book you're mentionning but not its content. All the
interest of a one to one tuition is to listen, see and being
supervised. I don't know where you're from Bill, but book + Wood +
tools can all together become as expensive as a lovely trip + course
where everything is provided.
Anyway I understand your point. You can always ask us questions (we're
wife & husband) and we'll answer with pleasure.

Regards,

Pascal.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Pascal wrote:

You're perfectly right. As an excuse I must say that I don't know the
location of the people on this forum.

I'm at 41.593868,-93.733499 (until I go to refill my coffee cup)

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

I'm at 41.593868,-93.733499 (until I go to refill my coffee cup)

Near 20th Street?

Best,
Christopher

Posted to rec.woodworking

Christopher Glaeser wrote:
I'm at 41.593868,-93.733499 (until I go to refill my coffee cup)

Near 20th Street?

On the corner of 20th Street and Center Street Place. If you plug those
coordinates into Google maps and zoom way down, it'll point to my
keyboard...

....under the roof, of course.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

Morris,

Try http://www.bing.com/maps with your long & lat. The bird's eye
view is spectacular. A GPS and internet maps are the "Ted Bundy" find
'em kit. Don't get anyone excited till the message thread cycles off
usenet. big evil grin Woops, Google is fixing the archive and it
will be around forever. At least the woodowrking groups are a lot more
civil than the gun control, animal rights, or other alt.talk groups.