Posted to rec.woodworking

Default How to Design Furniture

Just received my copy of How to Design Furniture. Five days postal
from Tauton Press in the US to Toronto, Canada. Cost me $16.82 ca
with the delivery costs and the exchange. Some might consider that
overpriced but I wanted to make sure I got a copy. Suppose I could
have gone searching around the stores up here, but hell, I tend to
have temper tantrums when I don't get what I want.

It includes a history of furniture, design features and measurements
for the average human body depending on what the furniture is going to
be used for and it even includes several pages of an introductory
lesson on using Sketchup.I'll be referring to this magazine frequently
for a long time to come. Worth every cent!
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 6, 6:22*am, wrote:
Just received my copy of How to Design Furniture. Five days postal
from Tauton Press in the US to Toronto, Canada. Cost me $16.82 ca
with the delivery costs and the exchange. Some might consider that
overpriced but I wanted to make sure I got a copy. Suppose I could
have gone searching around the stores up here, but hell, I tend to
have temper tantrums when I don't get what I want.

It includes a history of furniture, design features and measurements
for the average human body depending on what the furniture is going to
be used for and it even includes several pages of an introductory
lesson on using Sketchup.I'll be referring to this magazine frequently
for a long time to come. Worth every cent!

I got it yesterday at our local pharmacy magazine stand. It looks
great. Although I'm a little ****ed off that it is not included in the
FWW subscription.

Anyway, thanks Swing for the heads up. We are all grateful to you.

Luigi
Posted to rec.woodworking

Luigi Zanasi wrote:
On Oct 6, 6:22 am, wrote:
[...]

You're most welcome ...

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 6, 12:41*pm, Swingman wrote:
Luigi Zanasi wrote:
On Oct 6, 6:22 am, wrote:
[...]

I will try to get a copy. I have no time for the things I love doing,
and that is starting to **** me off.
I went through this 7 years ago when I got out of the cabinet
business... not enough 'fun' too much volume.
Like an idiot, I kept the countertop division, figuring I could keep
it small..well, somebody made me an offer and I'm all over it.
*fingers crossed*
Posted to rec.woodworking

Luigi Zanasi wrote:
On Oct 6, 6:22 am, wrote:
[...]

Farking laptop...*smirk*

Posted to rec.woodworking

Swingman wrote:

Luigi Zanasi wrote:
On Oct 6, 6:22 am, wrote:
[...]

Yes, thanks for the heads-up. Got an e-mail from Taunton today indicating
my copy has shipped

Rob Leatham