Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Is Autumm Here?

I was working outside on those steps today. Bright sunny day, some wind
blowing and chill in the air. Due to some large maple trees in the area, I
was being blasted by maple "helicopters". All my work kept getting them all
over. They kept geting under the sander. Even my hair gets full of them.
Any fantasy I have of finishing the steps outside will not work. I have have
to clean a spot in somebody elses garage to finish them. All compliments of
a feverishly producing maple tree.

grumble, grumble, bitch, bitch

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 4 Oct 2009 17:50:34 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

I was working outside on those steps today. Bright sunny day, some wind
blowing and chill in the air. Due to some large maple trees in the area, I
was being blasted by maple "helicopters". All my work kept getting them all
over. They kept geting under the sander. Even my hair gets full of them.
Any fantasy I have of finishing the steps outside will not work. I have have
to clean a spot in somebody elses garage to finish them. All compliments of
a feverishly producing maple tree.

grumble, grumble, bitch, bitch

Maple helicopters? They're normally a spring thing.
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I was working outside on those steps today. Bright sunny day, some wind
blowing and chill in the air. Due to some large maple trees in the area,
was being blasted by maple "helicopters". All my work kept getting them
all
over. They kept geting under the sander. Even my hair gets full of them.
Any fantasy I have of finishing the steps outside will not work. I have
have
to clean a spot in somebody elses garage to finish them. All compliments
of
a feverishly producing maple tree.

grumble, grumble, bitch, bitch

Maple helicopters? They're normally a spring thing.

====================

Yeah, I know. But the leaves are falling off and the old dried up
helicopters are falling off too. And since it was windy, they blew all over
the place.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

"Lee Michaels" wrote in
:

I was working outside on those steps today. Bright sunny day, some
wind blowing and chill in the air. Due to some large maple trees in
the area, I was being blasted by maple "helicopters". All my work
kept getting them all over. They kept geting under the sander. Even
my hair gets full of them. Any fantasy I have of finishing the steps
outside will not work. I have have to clean a spot in somebody elses
garage to finish them. All compliments of a feverishly producing maple
tree.

grumble, grumble, bitch, bitch

We are being bombarded by acorn. Heavy ones. They dent cars!!

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

Yeah, I know. But the leaves are falling off and the old dried up
helicopters are falling off too. And since it was windy, they blew all over
the place.

Squirrels are trying to tell us something ... they're bombing the crap
out of me with green pecans. I move, they move ... deadly accurate
little *******s, and they know it's too early for squirrel gumbo!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

Subject

Yes.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote in message
Lee Michaels wrote:

Yeah, I know. But the leaves are falling off and the old dried up
helicopters are falling off too. And since it was windy, they blew all
over the place.

Squirrels are trying to tell us something ... they're bombing the crap out
of me with green pecans. I move, they move ... deadly accurate little
*******s, and they know it's too early for squirrel gumbo!

NOT! Season opened October 1!

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Subject

Yes.

Lew

No ......... it's Spring

: )

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:
I was working outside on those steps today. Bright sunny day, some wind
blowing and chill in the air. Due to some large maple trees in the area, I
was being blasted by maple "helicopters". All my work kept getting them all
over. They kept geting under the sander. Even my hair gets full of them.
Any fantasy I have of finishing the steps outside will not work. I have have
to clean a spot in somebody elses garage to finish them. All compliments of
a feverishly producing maple tree.

grumble, grumble, bitch, bitch

Ayup, it's fall. California is on fire as has been its wont in recent
years. Nowhere near my house for a change.
sigh,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

In the old days ... the real old days, in school, didn't they teach
squirrel shooting, how to skin them and make gumbo and mittens?

Ahh, them good old days, when a modern stove was a duel fuel model - an
Enterprise - running on wood and oil
If a rabbit bothered your garden, it was considered proper to shoot it....

My how times have changed.

"Swingman" wrote in message
Lee Michaels wrote:

Yeah, I know. But the leaves are falling off and the old dried up
helicopters are falling off too. And since it was windy, they blew all
over the place.

Squirrels are trying to tell us something ... they're bombing the crap out
of me with green pecans. I move, they move ... deadly accurate little
*******s, and they know it's too early for squirrel gumbo!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
KarlC@ (the obvious)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"jo4hn" wrote:

Ayup, it's fall. California is on fire as has been its wont in
recent years. Nowhere near my house for a change.

As this is being written, a 6,000 acre blaze is headed for Wrightwood,
CA, a small town NE of L/A, with sking in the winter.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

I was working outside on those steps today. Bright sunny day, some wind
blowing and chill in the air. Due to some large maple trees in the area, I
was being blasted by maple "helicopters". All my work kept getting them all
over. They kept geting under the sander. Even my hair gets full of them.
Any fantasy I have of finishing the steps outside will not work. I have have
to clean a spot in somebody elses garage to finish them. All compliments of
a feverishly producing maple tree.

grumble, grumble, bitch, bitch

Don't know if Autumn is here there, but it seems that we have bypassed
it here. A couple days ago it was 90f, today we had an inch and a half
of snow.

--
"We need to make a sacrifice to the gods, find me a young virgin... oh, and bring something to kill"

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tim Douglass wrote in
:

Don't know if Autumn is here there, but it seems that we have bypassed
it here. A couple days ago it was 90f, today we had an inch and a half
of snow.

How was that transition? My mother's been complaining about the transition
from warm to cool, and wishing it'd just go from being Summer to Winter.

Puckdropper
rec.woodworking

Posted to rec.woodworking

Yeah. Got the first drum of kerosene in for the shop heat ($2.59 per
gallon).

Finishing up the exterior painting before it gets too cold. Got an
infrared thermometer to help squeeze the most out of the days left.
Good tool and the cats like chasing the laser dot.

Got a mixed load of about 700 bf cherry/maple for this winter's
projects. Tuned up the bandsaw and put on a nice fresh Woodslicer for
resawing.

Fixed the roof leaks on the shop - for now.

Bring it on.

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 05 Oct 2009 04:23:11 GMT, Puckdropper
puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:

Tim Douglass wrote in
:

Don't know if Autumn is here there, but it seems that we have bypassed
it here. A couple days ago it was 90f, today we had an inch and a half
of snow.

How was that transition? My mother's been complaining about the transition
from warm to cool, and wishing it'd just go from being Summer to Winter.

Puckdropper

Nothing like waking up to a heavy snowstorm and having to shovel all
the sidewalks around the church 3 times during the morning. Today it
is gorgeous and clear, but only about 55. Overnight it was in the low
20's. After almost 8 years here I'm getting used to the weird weather
transitions, but it is still a bit of a jar.

Tim Douglass

http://www.DouglassClan.com

My laptop knows me too well - it just announced "your battery is low!"

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 6, 2:47*pm, Tim Douglass wrote:
On 05 Oct 2009 04:23:11 GMT, Puckdropper

puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote:
Tim Douglass wrote in
:

Don't know if Autumn is here there, but it seems that we have bypassed
it here. A couple days ago it was 90f, today we had an inch and a half
of snow.

How was that transition? *My mother's been complaining about the transition
from warm to cool, and wishing it'd just go from being Summer to Winter.

Puckdropper

Nothing like waking up to a heavy snowstorm and having to shovel all
the sidewalks around the church 3 times during the morning. Today it
is gorgeous and clear, but only about 55. Overnight it was in the low
20's. After almost 8 years here I'm getting used to the weird weather
transitions, but it is still a bit of a jar.

I knew there was a reason I moved from Vermont to Alabama, other than
taxes and leftists. Remind me, what is a "snowstorm"?

http://www.DouglassClan.com

My laptop knows me too well - it just announced "your battery is low!"

Well pick it up!