DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Central Machinery - Harbor Freight 15" Wood Lathe (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/28799-central-machinery-harbor-freight-15%22-wood-lathe.html)

Sammy March 3rd 04 09:06 PM

Central Machinery - Harbor Freight 15" Wood Lathe

Has anyone seen or used the Central Machinery 15" Variable speed wood
lathe for $399.00? If so what is your opinion of it and is it a clone
of some other brand name lathe?

Mark Hopkins March 4th 04 03:09 AM

Central Machinery - Harbor Freight 15" Wood Lathe

Woodcraft has the Jet Mini for $199.00 A MUCH better choice... plus you can
get a wider variety of accessories for it.

m...

[email protected] March 4th 04 02:55 PM

Central Machinery - Harbor Freight 15" Wood Lathe

It looks alot like the Craftsman Lathe that appears in the Sears Tool
Catalog. Can't say good/bad. I bought the HF Jet clone a year ago and am
happy with it - it's a good starter lathe. If I had to do it again, I
might try this new larger HF clone. Just my opinion.

James Cubby Culbertson March 4th 04 08:44 PM

(Sammy) wrote in message om...
Has anyone seen or used the Central Machinery 15" Variable speed wood
lathe for $399.00? If so what is your opinion of it and is it a clone
of some other brand name lathe?

Amazon's got the new Jet Mini with Variable Speed for $275 with free
shipping. It's listed at $299 but they'll take $25 off that when you
place your order.

With Free Shipping, it usually takes a couple of weeks to arrive. I
ordered mine on a Thursday evening and it arrived Monday morning.

Cheers,
cc