Sammy

Default Central Machinery - Harbor Freight 15" Wood Lathe

Has anyone seen or used the Central Machinery 15" Variable speed wood
lathe for $399.00? If so what is your opinion of it and is it a clone
of some other brand name lathe?
Mark Hopkins

Woodcraft has the Jet Mini for $199.00 A MUCH better choice... plus you can
get a wider variety of accessories for it.

"Sammy" wrote in message
m...
Has anyone seen or used the Central Machinery 15" Variable speed wood
lathe for $399.00? If so what is your opinion of it and is it a clone
of some other brand name lathe?

It looks alot like the Craftsman Lathe that appears in the Sears Tool
Catalog. Can't say good/bad. I bought the HF Jet clone a year ago and am
happy with it - it's a good starter lathe. If I had to do it again, I
might try this new larger HF clone. Just my opinion.