Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Astraweb News

Since Verizon will be dumping their news groups shortly I just signed up
for Astraweb's news service. I chose the 25GB option to try it out.
So far sign-up and set-up was simple, although I first forgot to point
my news reader to use "NewsProxy")

It's good to be able to access "alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking" again.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sep 22, 3:06*pm, Jack Novak wrote:
Since Verizon will be dumping their news groups shortly I just signed up
* for Astraweb's news service. *I chose the 25GB option to try it out..
So far sign-up and set-up was simple, although I first forgot to point
my news reader to use "NewsProxy")

It's good to be able to access "alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking" again.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

I paid the 25 bucks for 180 gig last June. According to my
calculations I'm downloading less than a gigabyte a month, which means
I'll need to resubscribe about 2039 or so. Fastest news server I've
ever used, and I first found usenet in 1991.
Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Jack Novak wrote in news:00b228a2$0$29117$c3e8da3
@news.astraweb.com:

Since Verizon will be dumping their news groups shortly I just signed up
for Astraweb's news service. I chose the 25GB option to try it out.
So far sign-up and set-up was simple, although I first forgot to point
my news reader to use "NewsProxy")

It's good to be able to access "alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking" again.

I have been using astraweb for over a year now. 25GB for $10. Used about
1 GB so far. In 24 more years I'll be close to 90 ...

--
Best regards
Han
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Jack Novak" wrote in message
Since Verizon will be dumping their news groups shortly I just signed up
for Astraweb's news service. I chose the 25GB option to try it out.
So far sign-up and set-up was simple, although I first forgot to point my
news reader to use "NewsProxy")

It's good to be able to access "alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking" again.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Except, a.b.p.w. is almost likea ghost town these days. FWIW I use Giganews
for $3 a month and get 2 gig. I seldom use much over 10-15 meg. Too bad
there is no roll over. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leon" wrote:

Except, a.b.p.w. is almost likea ghost town these days. FWIW I use
Giganews for $3 a month and get 2 gig. I seldom use much over 10-15
meg. Too bad there is no roll over. LOL

Use Astraweb with OE6 and convert the $3/month into a $2 Chuck
ration.G

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote:

Except, a.b.p.w. is almost likea ghost town these days. FWIW I use
Giganews for $3 a month and get 2 gig. I seldom use much over 10-15 meg.
Too bad there is no roll over. LOL

Use Astraweb with OE6 and convert the $3/month into a $2 Chuck ration.G

Lew

OE6! OE6???? LOL I have OE8 but use Firefox 3.53. In fact OE8 crashed
when I just now opened it to check its version. LOL

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

OE6! OE6???? LOL I have OE8 but use Firefox 3.53. In fact OE8 crashed
when I just now opened it to check its version. LOL

You must use *IE* 8. The last version of Outlook Express is 6.00. You used
OE 6.00.5843 to post your message.

Firefox will give your cat warts. If you don't have a cat, you should be
okay.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...
Leon wrote:

OE6! OE6???? LOL I have OE8 but use Firefox 3.53. In fact OE8
crashed when I just now opened it to check its version. LOL

You must use *IE* 8. The last version of Outlook Express is 6.00. You used
OE 6.00.5843 to post your message.

Firefox will give your cat warts. If you don't have a cat, you should be
okay.

DOH! Thanks for pointing out the obvious?