DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-) (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/286428-gloat-yes-you-will-hate-me.html)

-MIKE- September 7th 09 12:39 AM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

Just when I thought I was spending too much time perusing Craigslist,
I come across my all-time best score.

Delta 36-982
10" Left Tilt Contractor's Table Saw with 30" Biesemeyer Fence
Same as this...
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=18222

3 yrs old, used for one job, then sat in garage... and looks like it. :-)

Price paid....(ehem).... $225.

Not a typo.

[Ducking!]

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

SonomaProducts.com September 7th 09 01:09 AM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

Did you use a condom? Because you f#$%^&ed somebody.

That is worth buying just to sell again. I was watching a production
sized pocket hole machine, Ritter, probably worth $2k minimum on eBay
for $250, nearby my home. A guy goot it for $250, 1 bid. Probably hard
to reslee right now and I am setup but sheesh.

You got a deal in the scope of 10:1 ratio. That qualifies for sucketh
territory.

On Sep 6, 4:39*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
Just when I thought I was spending too much time perusing Craigslist,
I come across my all-time best score.

Delta 36-982
10" Left Tilt Contractor's Table Saw with 30" Biesemeyer Fence
Same as this...http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=18222

3 yrs old, used for one job, then sat in garage... and looks like it. *:-)

Price paid....(ehem).... $225.

Not a typo.

[Ducking!]

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

-MIKE- September 7th 09 02:03 AM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

SonomaProducts.com wrote:
Did you use a condom? Because you f#$%^&ed somebody.

That is worth buying just to sell again.

That's what I thought, but I've been looking to upgrade for quite some
time and I was willing to go upwards of $500 used... which is what I
could probably get for this, tomorrow. :-) I'm going to keep and use
this bad boy.

You got a deal in the scope of 10:1 ratio. That qualifies for sucketh
territory.

I knew you guys would rejoice, vicariously.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Steve Turner[_3_] September 7th 09 02:28 AM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

-MIKE- wrote:
Just when I thought I was spending too much time perusing Craigslist,
I come across my all-time best score.

Delta 36-982
10" Left Tilt Contractor's Table Saw with 30" Biesemeyer Fence
Same as this...
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=18222

3 yrs old, used for one job, then sat in garage... and looks like it. :-)

Price paid....(ehem).... $225.

Not a typo.

[Ducking!]

I think you need to buy a lottery ticket.

I would say "YOU SUCK" but you already know that.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Robatoy[_2_] September 7th 09 02:32 AM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

On Sep 6, 9:03*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
SonomaProducts.com wrote:
Did you use a condom? Because you f#$%^&ed somebody.

That is worth buying just to sell again.

*

That's what I thought, but I've been looking to upgrade for quite some
time and I was willing to go upwards of $500 used... which is what I
could probably get for this, tomorrow. :-) I'm going to keep and use
this bad boy.

You got a deal in the scope of 10:1 ratio. That qualifies for sucketh
territory.

I knew you guys would rejoice, vicariously.

--

* -MIKE-

* "Playing is not something I do at night, it's my function in life"
* * *--Elvin Jones *(1927-2004)
* --
*http://mikedrums.com
*
* ---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

How do you sleep at night?

-MIKE- September 7th 09 02:40 AM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

Robatoy wrote:

How do you sleep at night?

:-)

What's the quote from Mad Men?
"On a bed made of money."

(not true, in my case.)

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Ed Pawlowski September 7th 09 03:05 AM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
3 yrs old, used for one job, then sat in garage... and looks like it. :-)

Price paid....(ehem).... $225.

Not a typo.

[Ducking!]

Yeah, but you'll have another 8 or 10 bucks in cleaning supplies and another
half hour in labor making the top pristine again. .

-MIKE- September 7th 09 03:11 AM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote in message
3 yrs old, used for one job, then sat in garage... and looks like it. :-)

Price paid....(ehem).... $225.

Not a typo.

[Ducking!]

Yeah, but you'll have another 8 or 10 bucks in cleaning supplies and another
half hour in labor making the top pristine again. .

Hoping that was rye humor. :-)

I re-read my "sat in garage" statement and it might be confusing.
I meant it in a good way, like it hadn't been used much. Top is
rust-less.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Ed Pawlowski September 7th 09 03:27 AM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

"-MIKE-" wrote in message

Hoping that was rye humor. :-)

I re-read my "sat in garage" statement and it might be confusing.
I meant it in a good way, like it hadn't been used much. Top is
rust-less.

Well you still have to buy a can of Top Cote. While we're all relaxing for
the holiday, you'll be spending 15 minutes protecting the top. Just to save
$700.

jo4hn September 7th 09 03:28 AM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

-MIKE- wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

How do you sleep at night?

:-)

What's the quote from Mad Men?
"On a bed made of money."

(not true, in my case.)

And I bet you're ugly to boot.

-MIKE- September 7th 09 04:33 AM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Hoping that was rye humor. :-)

I re-read my "sat in garage" statement and it might be confusing.
I meant it in a good way, like it hadn't been used much. Top is
rust-less.

Well you still have to buy a can of Top Cote. While we're all relaxing for
the holiday, you'll be spending 15 minutes protecting the top. Just to save
$700.

LOL!
Ok, that one was less subtle, Ed. Thanks.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

-MIKE- September 7th 09 04:43 AM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

jo4hn wrote:

How do you sleep at night?

:-)

What's the quote from Mad Men?
"On a bed made of money."

(not true, in my case.)

And I bet you're ugly to boot.

Reminds me of another line...
"I'm not as dumb as you look."

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Leon[_6_] September 7th 09 05:13 PM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
Just when I thought I was spending too much time perusing Craigslist,
I come across my all-time best score.

Delta 36-982
10" Left Tilt Contractor's Table Saw with 30" Biesemeyer Fence
Same as this...
http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=18222

3 yrs old, used for one job, then sat in garage... and looks like it. :-)

Price paid....(ehem).... $225.

Not a typo.

[Ducking!]

I don't hate'cha. About 3 months ago I recieved a USP package. It
contained a new Bosch 18 volt Lion impact driver, case, charger and 2
batteries.
I am still clueless who is responsible for sending it to me. The packing
slip and $0.00 receipt had my name and address on it. I spose I won it from
a survey I answered.
One would think that the giver would have wanted me to know who sent it.

Ed Pawlowski September 7th 09 05:39 PM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

"Leon" wrote in message
I don't hate'cha. About 3 months ago I recieved a USP package. It
contained a new Bosch 18 volt Lion impact driver, case, charger and 2
batteries.
I am still clueless who is responsible for sending it to me. The packing
slip and $0.00 receipt had my name and address on it. I spose I won it
from a survey I answered.
One would think that the giver would have wanted me to know who sent it.

I'm trying to remain anonymous, but no, you have to keep bringing up.
Since I can't trust you to keep my cover, I'm not sending the tools to them
other guys.

krw[_5_] September 7th 09 06:03 PM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:39:07 -0400, "Ed Pawlowski"
wrote:

"Leon" wrote in message
I don't hate'cha. About 3 months ago I recieved a USP package. It
contained a new Bosch 18 volt Lion impact driver, case, charger and 2
batteries.
I am still clueless who is responsible for sending it to me. The packing
slip and $0.00 receipt had my name and address on it. I spose I won it
from a survey I answered.
One would think that the giver would have wanted me to know who sent it.

I'm trying to remain anonymous, but no, you have to keep bringing up.
Since I can't trust you to keep my cover, I'm not sending the tools to them
other guys.

Since he can't keep the secret, don't you want it back?

Leon[_6_] September 7th 09 09:59 PM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"Leon" wrote in message
I don't hate'cha. About 3 months ago I recieved a USP package. It
contained a new Bosch 18 volt Lion impact driver, case, charger and 2
batteries.
I am still clueless who is responsible for sending it to me. The packing
slip and $0.00 receipt had my name and address on it. I spose I won it
from a survey I answered.
One would think that the giver would have wanted me to know who sent it.

I'm trying to remain anonymous, but no, you have to keep bringing up.
Since I can't trust you to keep my cover, I'm not sending the tools to
them other guys.

OK, sorry, I promise to not tell about any other tools that you send me.
Can I send you a wish lost? ;~)

FrozenNorth[_4_] September 7th 09 10:02 PM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

"Leon" wrote in message
I don't hate'cha. About 3 months ago I recieved a USP package. It
contained a new Bosch 18 volt Lion impact driver, case, charger and 2
batteries.
I am still clueless who is responsible for sending it to me. The packing
slip and $0.00 receipt had my name and address on it. I spose I won it
from a survey I answered.
One would think that the giver would have wanted me to know who sent it.

I'm trying to remain anonymous, but no, you have to keep bringing up.
Since I can't trust you to keep my cover, I'm not sending the tools to
them other guys.

OK, sorry, I promise to not tell about any other tools that you send me.
Can I send you a wish lost? ;~)

You already "lost" that opportunity.
;-)
--
Froz...

Joe September 8th 09 09:58 PM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

Hoping that was rye humor. :-)

I re-read my "sat in garage" statement and it might be confusing.
I meant it in a good way, like it hadn't been used much. Top is
rust-less.

--

-MIKE-

I thought you meant it needed de-rusting.

Just when I thought you couldn't suck any more.....

-MIKE- September 9th 09 02:49 AM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

Joe wrote:
Hoping that was rye humor. :-)

I re-read my "sat in garage" statement and it might be confusing.
I meant it in a good way, like it hadn't been used much. Top is
rust-less.

--

-MIKE-

I thought you meant it needed de-rusting.

Just when I thought you couldn't suck any more.....

:-)

There are some spots of grainy surface rust on the track that the fence
clamps against, and a bit of paint or something that was spilled here
and there on the table top. Other than that, it's pretty spotless.

I picked up the Boeshield 3 pack at Woodcraft, which has the T-9
protectant, the rust remover, and the bit/blade gunk remover/lube.

Plus I got these guys in case I need them...
http://www.in-lineindustries.com/saw_pals.html
....because I'm getting ready to true it all up and double check everything.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

[email protected] September 9th 09 01:15 PM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

On Sep 8, 8:49*pm, -MIKE- wrote:
snip
I picked up the Boeshield 3 pack at Woodcraft, which has the T-9
protectant, the rust remover, and the bit/blade gunk remover/lube.

Just for information: In case folks don't have a Woodcraft near (I buy
mail order :() I spotted the Boeshield 3-pack at Sears the other day
(walking through - didn't buy anything :).

-MIKE- September 9th 09 05:48 PM

Gloat!! - Yes, you will hate me. :-)

wrote:
On Sep 8, 8:49 pm, -MIKE- wrote:
snip
I picked up the Boeshield 3 pack at Woodcraft, which has the T-9
protectant, the rust remover, and the bit/blade gunk remover/lube.

Just for information: In case folks don't have a Woodcraft near (I buy
mail order :() I spotted the Boeshield 3-pack at Sears the other day
(walking through - didn't buy anything :).

OH! I checked my Sears and couldn't find it.

In any case, let me tell you their rust remover works like gangbusters.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--