Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Carol

Default portable dust collectors

I have a central dust collection system in my shop that works well for
most of my tools. Unfortunately my cabinet saw is the farthest tool
from the collector and requires a six foot hose to reach it besides.
It doesn't collect the dust well at all there and I'm always tripping
over the hose. I was thinking of getting a portable dust collector
just for this saw and have two questions: first of all will this work
significantly better than what I have now and any suggestions for
which one. I have the Jet 1100 right now and am very pleased with it.
I was looking at the Jet 650 and the comparable Woodtek and Delta.
Does anyone have any experience with these models. It has to be as
quiet as possible, as I have a neighbor who complains if she hears
much noise coming from my garage. Also, are these portables powerful
enough for a table saw if it's dedicated for this tool?

Thanks, Carol