Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cleaning up drawers

As related in previous postings, the Akeda jig delivered on good dovetail
joints for the end table drawers. I screwed up some of the joints by
finish scraping the wrong places when finish scraping the insides before
glue-up, but that was my problem.

The drawers are now happily glued up and I'm now in the final stages of
cleanup -- planing the top and bottom of the sides even all around, planing
the dovetail pins flush to the sides, finish scraping, and breaking the
edges. I really like this phase of the construction -- spending time with
hand planes and scrapers, getting those fluffy curls coming off the
workpiece and seeing the rough drawer transformed into a clean, ready to
fit and finish component. Being able to have the radio in the background
and just use those tools is very therapeutic. ... and fun, did I mention
fun?

Rob Leatham

Bissell Cleaning and alternative cleaning liquids noname[_3_] UK diy 1 August 16th 08 09:04 AM
Drawers Trent Woodworking 1 January 31st 08 02:22 AM
B&Q drawers Mike....... UK diy 7 January 23rd 08 02:44 PM
Slate Floor Cleaning / Waxing -- Sealed? Problem with white crud on surface after cleaning... Jamie Dolan Home Repair 4 August 21st 06 03:39 AM