Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Somewhat OT

Note received today from one of my buds in our volunteer group that
does bascic home maintenance for our less fortunate senior citizens
here in Plano, TX.

Tom,
My wife is having a luncheon for some friends Friday. She has suddenly discovered our table is too small. I found this video of one that would be perfect.
Could you build one exactly like it and have it ready by Thursday morning?

Harry

See

http://web2.airmail.net/xleanone/index.html/Table/

to see example his "simple request".

My response:

Harry:

No sweat! What color latex paint did she want on it? I have some nice Fire Engine Red left over, with Puce for the trim.

Tom

Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom B wrote:
Note received today from one of my buds in our volunteer group that
does bascic home maintenance for our less fortunate senior citizens
here in Plano, TX.

Tom,
My wife is having a luncheon for some friends Friday. She has
suddenly discovered our table is too small. I found this video of
one that would be perfect. Could you build one exactly like it and
have it ready by Thursday morning?

Harry

See

http://web2.airmail.net/xleanone/index.html/Table/

to see example his "simple request".

My response:

Harry:

No sweat! What color latex paint did she want on it? I have some
nice Fire Engine Red left over, with Puce for the trim.

A male who knows what the hell "puce" is and he's a heterosexual! I'm
impressed.

How do you feel about Taupe? Teal?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:48:59 -0500, "HeyBub"
wrote:

Tom B wrote:
[...]

Taupe is what I put on wounds I acquire in the shop. Teal I shoot,
roast and eat. Yummy!

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 17 Aug 2009 19:48:59 -0500, "HeyBub" wrote:

A male who knows what the hell "puce" is and he's a heterosexual! I'm
impressed.

How do you feel about Taupe? Teal?

Wow, flashback!
Had a leasing agent in the 80's telling me about a great deal on a Toyota
Supra... Said it was "taupe gray".. I didn't want a gray car, but went to look
at it because it was a great deal..
Ended up buying and wondering why he didn't just say it was TAN.. lol
Oh.. and the interior was "camel"..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

A male who knows what the hell "puce" is and he's a heterosexual! I'm
impressed.

How do you feel about Taupe? Teal?

Wow, flashback!
Had a leasing agent in the 80's telling me about a great deal on a
Toyota Supra... Said it was "taupe gray".. I didn't want a gray car,
but went to look at it because it was a great deal..
Ended up buying and wondering why he didn't just say it was TAN.. lol
Oh.. and the interior was "camel"..

Yeah. we guys know the names of about eight colors whereas women are
familiar with over a hundred. It's just the reverse when it comes to
screwing.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

It's just the reverse when it comes to screwing.

That's right! We know "phillips", "common", "Torx", "square", etc.

--

-Mike-

Posted to rec.woodworking

Yeah. we guys know the names of about eight colors whereas women are
familiar with over a hundred.

Celery is a vegetable, not a color.

Posted to rec.woodworking

C & S wrote:
Yeah. we guys know the names of about eight colors whereas women are
familiar with over a hundred.

Celery is a vegetable, not a color.

Hey, if orange can be both a fruit and a color, why
discriminate against celery?

Somewhere in there is an off-color joke about fruits
and vegetables...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Mike Marlow wrote:
"HeyBub" wrote in message
m...

It's just the reverse when it comes to screwing.

That's right! We know "phillips", "common", "Torx", "square", etc.

I've never dated a "Torx." Is that like a Horax?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Greg Neill wrote:
C & S wrote:
Yeah. we guys know the names of about eight colors whereas women are
familiar with over a hundred.

Celery is a vegetable, not a color.

Hey, if orange can be both a fruit and a color, why
discriminate against celery?

Somewhere in there is an off-color joke about fruits
and vegetables...

Oh, you can probably make up your own:

"There have been 12 separate cucumber robberies during the past three
months, the most recent involving 150 bags on Tuesday night."
http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2...12/2653384.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

Greg Neill wrote:
C & S wrote:
Yeah. we guys know the names of about eight colors whereas women are
familiar with over a hundred.

Celery is a vegetable, not a color.

Hey, if orange can be both a fruit and a color, why
discriminate against celery?

Somewhere in there is an off-color joke about fruits
and vegetables...

Hey! This isn't astrophysics. Or is your interest connected to
Goethe's color theory?
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

A male who knows what the hell "puce" is and he's a heterosexual! I'm
impressed.

How do you feel about Taupe? Teal?

Wow, flashback!
Had a leasing agent in the 80's telling me about a great deal on a Toyota
Supra... Said it was "taupe gray".. I didn't want a gray car, but went to
look
at it because it was a great deal..
Ended up buying and wondering why he didn't just say it was TAN.. lol
Oh.. and the interior was "camel"..

My '82 Supra was Terra Cotta.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

A male who knows what the hell "puce" is and he's a heterosexual! I'm
impressed.

How do you feel about Taupe? Teal?

Wow, flashback!
Had a leasing agent in the 80's telling me about a great deal on a Toyota
Supra... Said it was "taupe gray".. I didn't want a gray car, but went to
look
at it because it was a great deal..
Ended up buying and wondering why he didn't just say it was TAN.. lol
Oh.. and the interior was "camel"..

My '82 Supra was Terra Cotta.

Dave in Houston

My 59 Studebaker was Tahitian Coral Enamel -- said so on the body tag

Got it from my aunt and there was no way this high school kid was going to
refer to it as pink.

Hey, it was $50 in 1976, it got me to and from high school in 20 minutes,
saving me a 1 hour bus ride.

Rob Leatham
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
m...
Dave in Houston wrote:

My 59 Studebaker was Tahitian Coral Enamel -- said so on the body tag

Got it from my aunt and there was no way this high school kid was going
refer to it as pink.

Hey, it was $50 in 1976, it got me to and from high school in 20 minutes,
saving me a 1 hour bus ride.

Just think what it would be worth if you'd kept it and restored it.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave in Houston wrote:

My 59 Studebaker was Tahitian Coral Enamel -- said so on the body tag

Got it from my aunt and there was no way this high school kid was going
refer to it as pink.

Hey, it was $50 in 1976, it got me to and from high school in 20
minutes,
saving me a 1 hour bus ride.

Just think what it would be worth if you'd kept it and restored it.

Dave in Houston

Actually, it's still on Dad's farm. It's in reasonably decent shape, if I
found a decent buyer for it, would be willing to part with it. The engine
was rebuilt in 1977 and probably has less than 3000 miles on it.
Transmission needs some work.

I'd rather restore my Ford 2N tractor.

Rob Leatham