Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where Can I find a Wood Inlay AMerican Eagle and and unfinished Pistol Case?

Anybody know where I can find a wood pistol case for a .36 model Navy Colt
pistol and an American Eagle wood inlay?
About thirty five years ago I bought a mid grade wood case for the pistol
and two very nice American Eagle wood inlays they
were about 21/4" length and maybe 1 1'4" high. The inlays were very good
quality and made of different types of wood.
Using an Exacto knife and another Exacto tool I inlayed the eagle after
trashing one. There were some tool marks but over the years they added to
the overall effect.
The eagle was in a very nice pose with olive branches in one claw and arrows
in the other. Over the years the case and inlay
developed a very nice patina. The hardware was of the best quality so I
removed the lock planning to replace it with a higher quality lock.
The case recently vaporized - gone -.

Where can I find a replacement case and inlay? I want to finish or refinish
the case and install the inaly and hardware.
Where is a good site to find good quality brass small hinges and latches?

Should I post this to another group or forum?

Thanks in advance,

Jack