Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Check out my chest! :^]

Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). Solid cherry
panels. My own design.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm
Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote:

Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). Solid cherry
panels. My own design.
Let me know what you think.

Nice work.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). Solid cherry
panels. My own design.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Nice design as well as the construction.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Really nice design and a great looking build.

What finish?

How did you do the inlay work?

On Aug 9, 7:26*pm, GarageWoodworks
wrote:
Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). *Solid cherry
panels. *My own design.
Let me know what you think.

*http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). *Solid cherry
panels. *My own design.
Let me know what you think.

*http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

The finish is sprayed poly (hvlp). The cedar has no finish to allow
the aroma to come alive.
The inlay was done using a router fence attachment and two shims of
equal width. Add both shims rout, remove a shim etc.

Thank you!

Posted to rec.woodworking

GarageWoodworks wrote:

Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). Solid cherry
panels. My own design.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

The title makes one do a double-take.

However, the chest looks great. Really like the inlay. Nice design.

Rob Leatham
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 9, 10:26*pm, GarageWoodworks
wrote:
Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). *Solid cherry
panels. *My own design.
Let me know what you think.

*http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Very nice. I like that kind of style.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 9, 11:21*pm, Mark & Juanita wrote:
GarageWoodworks wrote:
Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). *Solid cherry
panels. *My own design.
Let me know what you think.

*http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

* The title makes one do a double-take.

* However, the chest looks great. *Really like the inlay. *Nice design.

Rob Leatham

subtle play on words! :^)

thank you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"GarageWoodworks" wrote in message
Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). Solid cherry
panels. My own design.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Two comments...

It looks good. I really like the design and little details you added to it.

This is the sort of thing that I do not dare show my wife!

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). Solid cherry
panels. My own design.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Very nice. I like that kind of style.

Me too. Nice and clean and looks flawlessly executed. The inlay is a
wonderful touch. I'd be very proud of something like that. I assume you
are.

When you were designing, did you have thoughts of lining the three sides
with cedar as well?

Tanus
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). Solid cherry
panels. My own design.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

It's beautiful!

Thanks,
Bill

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 9, 9:26*pm, GarageWoodworks
wrote:
Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). *Solid cherry
panels. *My own design.
Let me know what you think.

*http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Absolutely beautiful design and execution. Neat part about cherry is
it will just keep getting better with time.

RonB
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). *Solid cherry
panels. *My own design.
Let me know what you think.

*http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Very nice. I like that kind of style.

Me too. Nice and clean and looks flawlessly executed. The inlay is a
wonderful touch. I'd be very proud of something like that. I assume you
are.

When you were designing, did you have thoughts of lining the three sides
with cedar as well?

Tanus

No. Interesting idea though.

Thank you.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Aug 10, 5:44*am, "Leon" wrote:
Nice job! * Do you call that Arts & Crafts, with a *Japanese persuasion
style?

Thanks. I thought it had a bit of a Japanese feel too. A little mix
of A&C, G&G and Japan? :^|

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/9/2009 7:26 PM GarageWoodworks spake thus:

Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). Solid cherry
panels. My own design.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Well, since you asked, very nice. But one small nit: too bad the front
panels are several pieces glued up. Would have been nice to have single
pieces of wood there (but maybe hard to find anything that wide).

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 2009-08-10, GarageWoodworks wrote:
Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom......

Let's see that! I'm an ass man.

nb
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 19:26:46 -0700 (PDT), GarageWoodworks
wrote:

Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). Solid cherry
panels. My own design.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Really nice. But aren't you going to stain it?

(ducking and hiding under the bench)

Paul F.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 8/10/2009 5:07 PM Paul Franklin spake thus:

wrote:

Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). Solid cherry
panels. My own design.
Let me know what you think.

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Really nice. But aren't you going to stain it?

(ducking and hiding under the bench)

I think it'll look really nice once it starts to amber up in the years
to come.

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). *Solid cherry
panels. *My own design.
Let me know what you think.

*http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Really nice. *But aren't you going to stain it?

(ducking and hiding under the bench)

Paul F.

Stain, are freaking crazy? I'm waiting for construction orange paint
to arrive. That should hide those pesky streaks in the grain. :^|
Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:
Cherry with ebony inlay and a cedar bottom (floor?). *Solid cherry
panels. *My own design.
Let me know what you think.

*http://www.garagewoodworks.com/Blanket_Chest.htm

Thanks to everyone that took the time to look and comment!!

TOY CHEST J T Woodworking 0 November 12th 07 04:27 PM
chest Lee Woodworking Plans and Photos 2 August 23rd 07 04:05 AM
TOY CHEST - PDF J T Woodworking 0 May 1st 07 03:26 AM
SEA CHEST J T Woodworking 0 September 21st 06 06:24 AM
TOY BOX/CHEST J T Woodworking 0 August 26th 05 03:01 AM