DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Where's the CMS serial #? (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/28389-wheres-cms-serial.html)

Michael Press February 23rd 04 07:00 PM

Where's the CMS serial #?

Sorry if this is a dumb question....

I'm filling out the Delta $50 rebate for my CMS and I need the serial
number. My wife couldn't find it anywhere on the saw (I'm at work,
she's at home) and the manual doesn't say where it is.

Anyone know offhand where it is on this saw (36-255L) ?

Thanks,
Michael

B a r r y February 23rd 04 10:36 PM

Where's the CMS serial #?

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 14:00:57 -0500, Michael Press
wrote:

Sorry if this is a dumb question....

I'm filling out the Delta $50 rebate for my CMS and I need the serial
number. My wife couldn't find it anywhere on the saw (I'm at work,
she's at home) and the manual doesn't say where it is.

Anyone know offhand where it is on this saw (36-255L) ?

Thanks,
Michael

It should be on the same label as the model number and origin info.

Barry

Michael Press February 24th 04 02:39 PM

Where's the CMS serial #?

"D. Mo" wrote:
The man has priorities.

That's exactly right. I don't think about work while woodworking, and
I think about woodworking while at work ;-)

Michael

Michael Press February 24th 04 08:12 PM

Where's the CMS serial #?

(p_j) wrote:
Michael Press wrote:

The man has priorities.

That's exactly right. I don't think about work while woodworking, and
I think about woodworking while at work ;-)

Hey, how about your impressions of that saw?

I love it now that I can find the serial number ;-)

Seriously, its a fantastic saw. It was dead-on square out of the box.
The lasers needed a tiny adjustment to be dead-on but its a simple
adjustment with a little allen wrench. Setup was pretty easy and the
instructions were fine. Everything about the saw is solid, and it
moves and locks firmly but smoothly. I particularly like the miter
degree markings - they're on the outside of the table, and far enough
apart that you can easily get 1/2 degree precision. I get a little
tear-out on the back of softwood, but I figure tape or a backer block
will take care of that.

The only problem, if you can call it that, is I can't find a padlock
that fits the trigger to lock it. It requires a small diameter
shackle bar (like a luggage lock) but it has to be far taller (i.e.
longer opening in the shackle) than any luggage lock I've found.

Michael