Posted to rec.woodworking

Default wd-40

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/bu...arry1.html?hpw

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Watson" wrote in message
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/bu...arry1.html?hpw

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/

What a pity. I wonder if he was aware that WD-40 cures pulmonary fibrosis.

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Tom Watson wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/bu...arry1.html?hpw

requires registration...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 22 Jul 2009 19:22:42 -0500, dpb wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/bu...arry1.html?hpw

requires registration...

Yeah. That's why I pasted the whole article the last time I got
something from the Times.

Of course, people complained that I hadn't simply posted the link.

Regards,

Tom Watson
http://home.comcast.net/~tjwatson1/
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tom Watson wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/bu...arry1.html?hpw

requires registration...

Yeah. That's why I pasted the whole article the last time I got
something from the Times.

Of course, people complained that I hadn't simply posted the link.

I was able to read it without registering or logging in -- I know I don't
have any cookies stored because I clean those out pretty much daily in my
Konqueror (linux) browser.

RIP Barry -- that product unstuck a lot of bolts and protected a lot of
equipment.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"dpb" wrote
requires registration...

http://www.bugmenot.com/view/nytimes.com
will give you acct name and PW for the ny times and many other sites.
Art

Posted to rec.woodworking

dpb wrote:
Tom Watson wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/bu...arry1.html?hpw ...

requires registration...

Iz okay. I registered, oh, many years ago and have never gotten spam, or,
for that matter, any email, from them.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On 7/22/2009 7:17 PM HeyBub spake thus:

dpb wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/bu...arry1.html?hpw ...

requires registration...

Iz okay. I registered, oh, many years ago and have never gotten spam, or,
for that matter, any email, from them.

I still prefer to do an end run around their silly "registration" scheme
by using Bugmenot. (Besides, it helps satisfy my requirement for doing
at least one illegal or at least frowned-upon thing daily.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

HeyBub wrote:
dpb wrote:
Tom Watson wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/bu...arry1.html?hpw ...

requires registration...

Iz okay. I registered, oh, many years ago and have never gotten spam, or,
for that matter, any email, from them.

Same here. I read the Times daily and nary a spam.

Tanus
Posted to rec.woodworking

Tanus wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
dpb wrote:
Tom Watson wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/bu...arry1.html?hpw ...
requires registration...

Iz okay. I registered, oh, many years ago and have never gotten
spam, or, for that matter, any email, from them.

Same here. I read the Times daily and nary a spam.

Come to think on it, however, I do get solicitations from DailyKos, The
Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, ACORN, and The Communist Party
USA...

Posted to rec.woodworking

--

I registered a few years ago. Must have a cookie because it never asks me
to log in. Never got any spam from them either so not need for great

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
I registered a few years ago. Must have a cookie ...

Must; wanted cookies enabled, too...

Posted to rec.woodworking

Subject

Spritz some WD-40 on cast iron saw table, then some 150 wet/dry on a
ROS, a little elbow grease, and all those nasty little rust stains
disappear.

Follow up with a paper towel wipe down, and you're ready for some
paste wax or other protectorant of choice.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Subject

Spritz some WD-40 on cast iron saw table, then some 150 wet/dry on a
ROS, a little elbow grease, and all those nasty little rust stains
disappear.

Kerosene, any light oil, water, virtually any other lubricant will do
the same...

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
Spritz some WD-40 on cast iron saw table, then some 150 wet/dry on a
ROS, a little elbow grease, and all those nasty little rust stains
disappear.

Pretty much what I do. My tablesaw lives in the garage of a friend and at
the beginning of the summer every year when I go over for the first time, I
take WD-40 and some 0000 grit steel wool. Touches it up very nicely.

Posted to rec.woodworking
10x 10x is offline

dpb wrote:

Tom Watson wrote:
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/07/22/bu...arry1.html?hpw

requires registration...

When I come across a site that requires compulsory registration, I
always try http://www.bugmenot.com to see if they have any
login/passwords on file for the site.

Came up with this for the NY Times site:

http://www.bugmenot.com/view/nytimes.com

There are a number of good combinations here.

Joe
aka10x
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 22, 5:47*pm, Tom Watson wrote: