Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Heads up, $500 Unisaw

Just wanted to make note of an ad I saw on baltimore.craigslist.org

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tls/1273891521.html

It is 3 phase but $500...

Usual disclaimer, not relation to seller, etc. I just didn't want
anyone looking for a saw in this area to miss it.

--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 19, 10:29*am, (Larry W) wrote:
Just wanted to make note of an ad I saw on baltimore.craigslist.org

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tls/1273891521.html

It is 3 phase but $500...

Usual disclaimer, not relation to seller, etc. I just didn't want
anyone looking for a saw in this area to miss it.

--
* * *Often wrong, never in doubt.

* * *Larry Wasserman - Baltimore Maryland - lwasserm(a)sdf. lonestar. org

Looks like the same machine listed tonight at $400.

Marc
Posted to rec.woodworking

Sorry, I should have added the link.
Marc

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...277899054.html

Looks like the same machine listed tonight at $400.

Marc

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 19, 10:39*pm, marc rosen wrote:
Sorry, I should have added the link.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *Marc

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...277899054.html

Looks like the same machine listed tonight at $400.

Marc

If that thing were around here, I'd seriously consider it, even with
needing to replace the motor.

My old Delta contractor from 1972 decided to not start last night, and
if the motor's busted, I don't know what I'm going to do...

-Nathan
Posted to rec.woodworking

Here's one in York, PA.... scroll to the bottom. You'll have to bid
on it.
http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lot...tails&id=12443 . The
bidding looks good right now.

There's a couple of Powermatics in Catawissa, PA:
http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lot...tails&id=12458 , also
at a good price right now.

This irsauction.com site, above, is pretty good. Just keep an eye out
for when there's a sale near you.

And keep an eye out for one, near you, on this site.
http://www.govliquidation.com/list/c7275/lna/1.html
I bought a Unisaw (at Fort Polk, LA) for $150 from this military
surplus auction.

I often check out these 2 sites, above, for not only woodworking
tools, but for upholstery related items, also.

Do a search for your individual State's "Surplus Property". Often,
there are tools on these sites, also. I bought 4 of my industrial
sewing machines from my State's (LA) surplus auction for $50 & $75
each.

Sonny

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:

[...]

Wow, sure are a lot of Cabinet Shops closing in the US. Wonder how many jobs
are going along with these shops? Thanks Obama!
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to rec.woodworking

nhurst wrote:
On Jul 19, 10:39 pm, marc rosen wrote:
Sorry, I should have added the link.
Marc

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/m...277899054.html

Looks like the same machine listed tonight at $400.
Marc

If that thing were around here, I'd seriously consider it, even with
needing to replace the motor.

My old Delta contractor from 1972 decided to not start last night, and
if the motor's busted, I don't know what I'm going to do...

-Nathan

When the motor on my Delta bandsaw crapped out, I did a fair amount of
research and bought a replacement from Grizzly. Wired it for 220 and
after a year it is going strong.
mahalo,
jo4hn
Posted to rec.woodworking

"nhurst" wrote:

My old Delta contractor from 1972 decided to not start last night,
and

if the motor's busted, I don't know what I'm going to do...

Grainger has a replacement, 5K691.
2 HP/3,450 RPM/56H/Manual O/L.

Worked for me.

YMMV

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 19, 10:29 am, (Larry W) wrote:
Just wanted to make note of an ad I saw on baltimore.craigslist.org

http://baltimore.craigslist.org/tls/1273891521.html

It is 3 phase but $500...

Usual disclaimer, not relation to seller, etc. I just didn't want
anyone looking for a saw in this area to miss it.

--
Often wrong, never in doubt.

Looks like the same machine listed tonight at $400.

I think this one from a few weeks ago tops this one... I posted a PDF of
the ad to ABPW.

Delta Unisaw 10", 220V, Single Phase - $300
(Katonah, NY)
Reply to:
Date: 2009-06-24, 2:53PM EDT
Slightly used Unisaw with 52" Beismyer fence system, mobile base, and out
feed table (not attached
yet).
Pick-up only.
Image is of a comparable saw.
$300 OBO
Model 36-843 with the 50" Commercial Biesemeyer Fence System

BTW, it was gone within 2 hours... not me, I had no use for it as I've had a
cabinet saw for quite a while now.

John

Posted to rec.woodworking

Sonny wrote:

(snip) .
http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lot...tails&id=12443 . The
bidding looks good right now.

Sonny

The only problem with IRS auctions is getting the stuff home. I talked
to these critters a couple of years ago and they offer nothing in the
way of expediting the shipping. You need to have your shipper pallet
and pack it. Then, for us'n who work out of the garage, you need to
have a way to get it off the truck and from the curb to the shop.

Larry

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jul 20, 10:58�pm, " wrote:
Sonny wrote:

� (snip) .
http://www.irsauctions.com/index_lot...ls&id=12443�. �The
bidding looks good right now.

Sonny

The only problem with IRS auctions is getting the stuff home. �I talked
to these critters a couple of years ago and they offer nothing in the
way of expediting the shipping. �

Agreed. IRS Auctions only sells the items, not supply any shipping
business. The site does provide links to shippers, independent of IRS
Auctions, or you can hire your own. Otherwise, you can go pick-up the
item yourself, if near enough. That was my reason for giving that
particular link, near Baltimore. For myself, I watch the IRS site for
sales near me (Louisiana), so I can more easily go pick-up the items
myself. Many sale locations may be too far for everyone, so I noted
the State and military auctions, also, which may be more accommodating
than the IRS sales to anyone reading the post.

You need to have your shipper pallet and pack it. �Then, for us'n who work out of the garage, you need to have a way to get it off the truck and from the curb to the shop.

It is my understanding that the hired shipper can usually accommodate
shipping firm to unload their cargo. Liability disallows a non-
employed individual (of the shipping firm) to "work" on the shipping
truck, whether during pick-up or during delivery.

For self-pickup, IRS Auctions supplies a phone number for a contact
person at the item's location. The contact person can let one know if
assistance. For all my IRS purchases, where I needed help loading,
there have been site personell that has loaded the items for no fee,
without my assistance. Beyond that, it was my responsibility to
secure or tie-down the load. This has been the case with my purchases
from my State's auction and from Fort Polk (the military auction).

For an IRS auction, wait for a sale near you.... avoid all that
shipping crap. Check your State's surplus auctions and the military
auctions near you. Sales near you allow for convenient inspecting of
an item, also. Sooner or later a good deal will come your way.

A note about the military auctions: In January, their opening
(minimum) bid, for all items, went from $50 to $150. Bummer!

Our State auctions are not online. We have to go to the auction site,
in person, to bid. But there is a website to view pictures of some
items and a booklet listing all items. I would think other States may
have similar websites.

I just checked.... Since yesterday (my previous post), 3 more saws
have been added onto the military list.

Sonny

a choice: unisaw w/ unifence vs unisaw w/ beis Kevin Woodworking 23 January 31st 08 12:08 AM
Thanks for the heads up TrailRat Woodworking 2 December 28th 05 02:33 PM
What to buy? used delta rockwell unisaw or unisaw copy wayne mak Woodworking 9 October 22nd 05 05:09 PM
Heads Up OU Michael Mcneil UK diy 2 July 21st 05 07:32 AM
Have the CBS heads gone mad? jim rozen Metalworking 2 September 17th 04 05:35 AM