Den

Default Wadkin Bursgreen TS

I recently came across an old Wadkin Bursgreen 12" TS tucked away in storage
at the company I work for. So after much prodding I swung a deal for it and
got it home this past week. Initial inspection showed that the blade height
adjustment required more effort than it should, but other than that things
seemed to be in good condition.

I started stipping the saw down today to get rid of the 3ph motor, clean it
up and investigate the blade height adjustment problem. It turns out the
toothed portion of the height adjestment is worn pretty badly. I would say
30% of the teeth are damaged quite bad, while the rest seem ok.

I realize its damn near impossible finding parts for these things so my
question is: how do i fix this? Is custom machining my only option?

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers,

Den

Refinish King

A competent welder can weld the teeth close to the original configuration:

Then grind and file them to near perfection if all else fails.

But I'm sure the other poster's right about the home office being able to
help.

Just keep the welding process in mind and use a hardfacing rod.

Refinish King

"Den" wrote in message
[...]

Unisaw A100

Den wrote:
I recently came across an old Wadkin Bursgreen 12" TS tucked away in storage
at the company I work for. So after much prodding I swung a deal for it and
got it home this past week.

Congratulations. No really, you have yourself a very good
saw.

I started stipping the saw down today to get rid of the 3ph motor, clean it
up and investigate the blade height adjustment problem. It turns out the
toothed portion of the height adjestment is worn pretty badly. I would say
30% of the teeth are damaged quite bad, while the rest seem ok.

Damaged as in, missing, or damaged as in, worn away and
causing excessive back lash?

I realize its damn near impossible finding parts for these things so my
question is: how do i fix this? Is custom machining my only option?

You don't say where you are so I'm not sure if contacting
Wadkin in the UK is an option.

Any help would be appreciated

It seems I've really not done much.

UA100

Russell

In article , paulic1
@HOLDTHESPAMmts.net says...
[...]

before you go screwing around (excuse the pun) try here
http://www.wadkin.com/spares.htm
mail them they had parts for my old bench and it was old believe me.
Den

"Unisaw A100" wrote in message
Den wrote:
I recently came across an old Wadkin Bursgreen 12" TS tucked away in

storage
at the company I work for. So after much prodding I swung a deal for it

and
got it home this past week.

Congratulations. No really, you have yourself a very good
saw.

and heavy!

I started stipping the saw down today to get rid of the 3ph motor, clean

it
up and investigate the blade height adjustment problem. It turns out the
toothed portion of the height adjestment is worn pretty badly. I would

say
30% of the teeth are damaged quite bad, while the rest seem ok.

Damaged as in, missing, or damaged as in, worn away and
causing excessive back lash?

Both.

I realize its damn near impossible finding parts for these things so my
question is: how do i fix this? Is custom machining my only option?

You don't say where you are so I'm not sure if contacting
Wadkin in the UK is an option.

I'm in Canada. Would contacting their North Carolina office be useful?

Any help would be appreciated

It seems I've really not done much.

UA100

Unisaw A100

Den wrote:
I'm in Canada. Would contacting their North Carolina office be useful?

I would think that would be your best bet.

By the way, there are a couple/few Wadkin owners on the OWWM
forum and you might want to query the group for information.

Not saying you'll get a response, just that it's free and
you won't be out anything but some time.

UA100