KS

Default Anyone else still getting email from WOODWORK-L

Is anyone else still getting email from WOODWORK-L?
I got a reply last night(2/19/04 9:34pm) from Mr. Stephens which I'm
posting below:

"It must be emanating from the mail loop one of the rec.woodworking
people has set up. I've cut off the connection so no mail is coming to
the listserv and I have the list on hold so people on it cannot send
mail. The only thing I can figure is it is his mail loop. The messages I
am getting say, "Your message to WOODWORK-L-
has been forwarded to the "list
owners"..." so it looks like he is looping it to that address. I don't
see how it can be going to WOODWORK-L because mail comes there by my
subscribing to a certain address and I took that off hours ago. I
reviewed the list just a few minutes ago and there is no subscription for
that gateway now.

If you would, post this to rec.woodworking because I've done everything I
can to cut it off."

Robert Bonomi

In article ,
KS wrote:

Is anyone else still getting email from WOODWORK-L?

Yup. for *every* message I post, in fact. Tiresome.

[...]

I just wrote him, at both his personal address, _and_ the listserv '-request'
address, with a request for a *complete* shutdown of the the mailing-list,
because there is no valid traffic on it. the only outgoing traffic from
it for the last year-plus is spam, and all inbound traffic _from_
'rec.woodworking' is blocked. thus there is obviously no purpose served
by continuing to operate the list.

Mark Hopkins

I'm with you Robert! Off with its head!

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message
ervers.com...
In article ,
KS wrote:

[...]

Mike

(Robert Bonomi) wrote in message servers.com...
In article ,
KS wrote:

Is anyone else still getting email from WOODWORK-L?

Yup. for *every* message I post, in fact. Tiresome.

I got an email from them (or someone forging their address) stating
that I'm not authorized to post messages to WOODWORK-L from the email
address I'm using. I assume that this message will generate a similar
message. My guess is they've just discovered a bug that needs tending
to.

Cheers,
Mike - who's gonna use this rainy day for sop time