Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
NoNameAtAll

Default How to infuriate your wife: Lesson 1

I've had my eye on a dust collector, jointer, and planer for quite some time,
and all three went on sale recently. In the case of the planer there was also a
rebate that expired until this past weekend. I was afraid if I didn't jump on
these items they'd jack up the prices and I'd be out of luck. As it happened,
all three were on significant backorders already. So I talked my wife into
letting me order all three with the understanding that they wouldn't ship for
quite a while (and hence we wouldn't be billed for quite a while), and that we
could even cancel them if we decide we can't afford them.

Then yesterday I got word that the dust collector has already shipped. To top
things off, today I got word that the planer will ship within the next week.
Needless to say, my wife is not happy with me. My jointer order is hanging by a
thread now. One misstep and she's going to pull the cord, though I'm assured by
the distributor that they don't expect any until late March. Anyone care to
offer some marital advice on how to handle this delicate situation?