DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   O/T: Ho Hum (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/281643-o-t-ho-hum.html)

Lew Hodgett[_4_] July 3rd 09 11:22 PM

O/T: Ho Hum

Palin resigns as governor of Alaska.

That woman does OK until she opens her mouth.

Lew

Lee Michaels July 4th 09 12:23 AM

Ho Hum

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

Palin resigns as governor of Alaska.

That woman does OK until she opens her mouth.

Being guv interfered with her political/celebrity diva/travel schedule. Not
enough time for parties and insulting David Letterman, etc.

Steve Turner[_3_] July 4th 09 12:32 AM

O/T: Ho Hum

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Palin resigns as governor of Alaska.

That woman does OK until she opens her mouth.

Lew

Yeah, that's when she ruins it for me.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.

Han July 4th 09 12:43 AM

O/T: Ho Hum

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in news:ywv3m.2228$9l4.305
@nwrddc01.gnilink.net:

Palin resigns as governor of Alaska.

That woman does OK until she opens her mouth.

Lew

My first reaction was a question: Who is pregnant now?

--
Best regards
Han

Elrond Hubbard July 4th 09 02:56 AM

O/T: Ho Hum

Morris Dovey wrote in news:4a4ea9e5$0$87065$815e3792
@news.qwest.net:

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Palin resigns as governor of Alaska.

To become a full-time mousse and poller bare hunter?

That woman does OK until she opens her mouth.

(shakes head, walks away)

Maybe she's been "hiking the Appalachian Trail," if you know what I mean.

Lew Hodgett[_4_] July 4th 09 03:25 AM

O/T: Ho Hum

"Elrond Hubbard" wrote:

Maybe she's been "hiking the Appalachian Trail," if you know what I
mean.

Duh?

Lew

DGDevin July 4th 09 05:34 AM

O/T: Ho Hum

Elrond Hubbard wrote:

Maybe she's been "hiking the Appalachian Trail," if you know what I
mean.

Ha! I can see the headlines now, "Palin Pregnant with Michael Jackson's
child!" That should get her enough press to get elected to the Senate at
the very least.

Dr. Deb July 4th 09 12:45 PM

Ho Hum

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

Palin resigns as governor of Alaska.

That woman does OK until she opens her mouth.

Being guv interfered with her political/celebrity diva/travel schedule.
Not enough time for parties and insulting David Letterman, etc.

Lets see, Letterman makes a comment about her daughter that, if he had made
it about mine I would have had a piece of his hide. She calls him on it.
That is insulting him. Tis a strange world we have come to.

Deb

Han July 4th 09 01:05 PM

Ho Hum

"Dr. Deb" wrote in
:

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

Palin resigns as governor of Alaska.

That woman does OK until she opens her mouth.

Being guv interfered with her political/celebrity diva/travel
schedule. Not enough time for parties and insulting David Letterman,
etc.

Lets see, Letterman makes a comment about her daughter that, if he had
made it about mine I would have had a piece of his hide. She calls
him on it. That is insulting him. Tis a strange world we have come
to.

Deb

David Letterman went too far. OK, I agree he did. But, it couldn't
have happened to a better target.

--
Best regards
Han

Bill July 4th 09 01:58 PM

O/T: Ho Hum

On Fri, 03 Jul 2009 22:22:22 GMT, "Lew Hodgett"
wrote:

Palin resigns as governor of Alaska.

That woman does OK until she opens her mouth.

Lew

The scarey part of that is, that it's rumored that she resigned in
order to prepare for a run at the presidency.

Perry Aynum July 4th 09 02:02 PM

Ho Hum

Maybe she'll pose for Playboy.

Larry W July 4th 09 02:27 PM

O/T: Ho Hum

In article ,
Elrond Hubbard wrote:
Morris Dovey wrote in news:4a4ea9e5$0$87065$815e3792

...snippped...
Maybe she's been "hiking the Appalachian Trail," if you know what I mean.

Man, that's a good one! I can see that line entering the lexicon!

HeyBub[_3_] July 4th 09 02:34 PM

Ho Hum

Upscale wrote:
"Perry Aynum" wrote in message
Maybe she'll pose for Playboy.

Gaggg!

You'd rather see Pelosi?

Ed Pawlowski July 4th 09 02:51 PM

O/T: Ho Hum

wrote:

Palin resigns as governor of Alaska.

That woman does OK until she opens her mouth.

Lew

The scarey part of that is, that it's rumored that she resigned in
order to prepare for a run at the presidency.

She must never read the newspaper or watch the news. She has to know that
she is a "has been" after the last campaign.

Lee Michaels July 4th 09 03:07 PM

Ho Hum

"Han" wrote in message
"Dr. Deb" wrote in
:

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

Palin resigns as governor of Alaska.

That woman does OK until she opens her mouth.

Being guv interfered with her political/celebrity diva/travel
schedule. Not enough time for parties and insulting David Letterman,
etc.

Lets see, Letterman makes a comment about her daughter that, if he had
made it about mine I would have had a piece of his hide. She calls
him on it. That is insulting him. Tis a strange world we have come
to.

Deb

David Letterman went too far. OK, I agree he did. But, it couldn't
have happened to a better target.

--

And Leterman is a comic. They say things like that all the time. Palin is a
target because of her extreme views anyway. The thing that galls me is

It wa a joke. And good or bad, they all can't be good, it is still just a
joke. The joke police are incredibly scary. They don't like a joke and all
of a sudden, they want bllod. I can laugh at a joke, I can groan at a joke,
but I don't think we need or would appreciate the joke police. It is
censorship controlled by extremist wackos.

Lee Michaels July 4th 09 03:10 PM

O/T: Ho Hum

wrote:

Palin resigns as governor of Alaska.

That woman does OK until she opens her mouth.

Lew

The scarey part of that is, that it's rumored that she resigned in
order to prepare for a run at the presidency.

She must never read the newspaper or watch the news. She has to know that
she is a "has been" after the last campaign.

And any hope she has for the future politically just went out the window
with this announcement. This is the consensus of her fellow republicans. I
think it is safe to say that almost no one wanted this country bumpkin to
have her finger on the nuclear trigger.

Matt July 4th 09 03:17 PM

Ho Hum

I think that Playboy has an age limit that they have to respect.

A more suitable publication would be
Guns and Ammo or
Field and Stream or even
Good Housekeeping - the Cougars edition

Han July 4th 09 03:18 PM

Ho Hum

"Lee Michaels" wrote in
:

"Han" wrote in message
"Dr. Deb" wrote in
:

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

[...]

I know Letterman is a comic of sorts. And I would not censor him or
anything. I am just giving my opinion that by attacking the (I believe
teenage) daughter of a legit target he went just a bit too far. End of
comment. Anything said of Palin within the limits of our US laws is
fine with me. As with all politicians. Now how can we get rid of the
120 or so scummy NY State senators?

--
Best regards
Han

SBH[_2_] July 4th 09 03:21 PM

Ho Hum

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"Han" wrote in message
"Dr. Deb" wrote in
:

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

[...]

Strongly agree and to add, I'm willing to pet Palin, and the butt end
victims of other jokes, will be laughing their asses off when Letterman or
the others, joke about someone else in the same fashion. Hypocrisy is a
major player within the whiners.

The bottom line is simple, they are mere words. If it's true, it bothers a
person. If it's not, why should it.

Upscale July 4th 09 03:22 PM

Ho Hum

SBH[_2_] July 4th 09 03:25 PM

Ho Hum

"Upscale" wrote in message

"Perry Aynum" wrote in message
Maybe she'll pose for Playboy.

Gaggg!

Come on now. Perhaps not much from her in the open mouth department, but you
have to admit she's a fairly attractive woman who still looks pretty damn
hot for an older woman. Hell, even the young hotties are great to look at
and moreso in the buff but when they open their mouths you want to trade
them in for a new tool.

Steve Turner[_3_] July 4th 09 03:47 PM

Ho Hum

SBH Strongly agree and to add, I'm willing to pet Palin, and the butt end
victims of other jokes

I too am willing to pet Palin, and the butt end would be a good place to
start.

FrozenNorth[_4_] July 4th 09 03:57 PM

Ho Hum

Lee Michaels wrote:
"Han" wrote in message
"Dr. Deb" wrote in
:

Lee Michaels wrote:

"Lew Hodgett" wrote

[...]

There are people who don't have thick enough skin for Usenet.
There are also people who don't have thick enough skin for real life.

Then there are the rest of us.
;-)
--
Froz...

Perry Aynum July 4th 09 04:19 PM

Ho Hum

I think that Playboy has an age limit that they have to respect.

Well, then her daughters should pose. Wait...what?.. we're not supposed to
say that?

Perry Aynum July 4th 09 04:26 PM

O/T: Ho Hum

She must never read the newspaper or watch the news. She has to know that
she is a "has been" after the last campaign.

She pretty much proved to Katy Couric that she, indeed, doesn't read the
papers. But she can see Alaska from her back porch...

Max July 4th 09 04:26 PM

Ho Hum

"Upscale" wrote in message

In fact, the mind is more important than the
body as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.rhapsody.com/bellamy-brot...est-hits-vol-2
"I Love Her Mind"

Max

FrozenNorth[_4_] July 4th 09 04:28 PM

Ho Hum

Upscale wrote:
"SBH" wrote in message
Gaggg!

Come on now. Perhaps not much from her in the open mouth department, but

you
have to admit she's a fairly attractive woman who still looks pretty damn
hot for an older woman. Hell, even the young hotties are great to look at
and moreso in the buff but when they open their mouths you want to trade
them in for a new tool.

I'm certainly not perfect myself, but I consider myself a fairly modern guy.
That means that women I find attractive have to have the personality and
attitude to go with the body. In fact, the mind is more important than the
body as far as I'm concerned. Even a perfect 10 body is a turn off to me if
the personality isn't there to go with it.

Palin is overly arrogant, bitchy and entirely self motivated ~ all things I
find to be a complete turn off in a woman.

In other words: GAGGGG!

Here is a nice picture of the CN Tower for you.
;-)

--
Froz...

FrozenNorth[_4_] July 4th 09 04:39 PM

Ho Hum

FrozenNorth wrote:

Whoops: http://www.ubersite.com/m/75678

--
Froz...

Charlie Self July 4th 09 05:01 PM

O/T: Ho Hum

wrote:
Palin resigns as governor of Alaska.

That woman does OK until she opens her mouth.

Lew

The scarey part of that is, that it's rumored that she resigned in
order to prepare for a run at the presidency.

Local letters to the editor have touted her brilliance.

Without examples.

Charlie Self July 4th 09 05:04 PM

Ho Hum

On Jul 4, 12:10*pm, "Upscale" wrote:
"SBH" wrote in message
[...]

Her self-satisfied smirk is matched only by that of Dick Cheney.

Ed Pawlowski July 4th 09 05:11 PM

Ho Hum

"Upscale" wrote in message
Palin is overly arrogant, bitchy and entirely self motivated ~ all things
find to be a complete turn off in a woman.

In other words: GAGGGG!

But she belongs to the NRA, her husband is a union member, and, and, and,. .
.. . . . . . . . . . .
You HAVE to vote for someone with great credentials.

FrozenNorth[_4_] July 4th 09 05:17 PM

Ho Hum

Upscale wrote:
"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
Whoops: http://www.ubersite.com/m/75678

Coincidence you sent that to me since I'm not attracted to big breasts at
all. Ok FZ, now ask me why?

I'll bite, why?

--
Froz...

Han July 4th 09 05:26 PM

Ho Hum

"Perry Aynum" wrote in
:

I think that Playboy has an age limit that they have to respect.

Well, then her daughters should pose. Wait...what?.. we're not
supposed to say that?

That was only a suggestion. That's OK.
Both the suggesting and the suggestion.

--
Best regards
Han

FrozenNorth[_4_] July 4th 09 05:31 PM

Ho Hum

Upscale wrote:
"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
Coincidence you sent that to me since I'm not attracted to big breasts

at
all. Ok FZ, now ask me why?

I'll bite, why?

Well, because of my 'difficulties' for anything to happen between me and a
woman, she has to get on top and do all the work. Under those conditions, I
suffocate under a big pair of breasts. Takes all the enjoyment out of
things. :)

But what a way to go.
;-)

--
Froz...

Upscale July 4th 09 05:34 PM

Ho Hum

"FrozenNorth" wrote in message
Here is a nice picture of the CN Tower for you.
;-)

Ok, that one escapes me completely.

Luigi Zanasi July 4th 09 05:34 PM

O/T: Ho Hum

On Jul 3, 7:25*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Elrond Hubbard" wrote:
Maybe she's been "hiking the Appalachian Trail," if you know what I
mean.

Duh?

I had the same question & decided to look it up:

from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Appalac...opular_culture

"In 2009, the phrase "hiking the Appalachian Trail" began to be used
as a euphemism for having sex or having an affair, after South
Carolina governor Mark Sanford's aides claimed he was on the Trail
when he was actually having an affair abroad."

Ain't Jimbo's big bag of trivia wunnerful?

Luigi

Tom Veatch[_2_] July 4th 09 06:34 PM

Ho Hum

On Sat, 4 Jul 2009 10:07:19 -0400, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:

It wa a joke. And good or bad, they all can't be good, it is still just a
joke. ...

No. It wasn't a joke. He may have called it a joke after the fact, but
it was an insult pure and simple. And Palin wasn't the target of the
insult, it was her teenage daughter. It went far beyond the limits for
a joke and Letterman deserves far more consequences for the insult
than he received.

I agree with Deb, had it been my daughter Letterman insulted on
national TV, blood would have flowed.

Tom Veatch
Wichita, KS
USA