Posted to rec.woodworking

Default X5 UNI

Does anyone know if the final incarnation of the old-style X5 UNI
Saws were of US manufacture?

Thanks

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:38:49 -0500, Mike O. wrote:

Does anyone know if the final incarnation of the old-style X5 UNI
Saws were of US manufacture?

I somehow doubt it, but if you can give me a hint where to find the
origin label...
Posted to rec.woodworking

krw wrote:
On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 20:38:49 -0500, Mike O. wrote:

Does anyone know if the final incarnation of the old-style X5 UNI
Saws were of US manufacture?

I somehow doubt it, but if you can give me a hint where to find the
origin label...

The "old style X5" was new only 5 or 6 years ago ... it was supposedly
the exact same saw as the previous models, only with a five year
warranty. All those carried a "made in USA" label.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 06:02:28 -0500, Swingman wrote:

The "old style X5" was new only 5 or 6 years ago ... it was supposedly
the exact same saw as the previous models, only with a five year
warranty. All those carried a "made in USA" label.

Thanks, that's what I thought too.
One of the local tool dealers here still has one on the floor and I
was looking for the made in USA label but couldn't find it. I guess I
better look a little closer.

Mike O.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 19:26:56 -0500, Mike O. wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 06:02:28 -0500, Swingman wrote:

The "old style X5" was new only 5 or 6 years ago ... it was supposedly
the exact same saw as the previous models, only with a five year
warranty. All those carried a "made in USA" label.

Thanks, that's what I thought too.
One of the local tool dealers here still has one on the floor and I
was looking for the made in USA label but couldn't find it. I guess I
better look a little closer.

Like I said above, I can't find a country of origin sticker on my
(bought in April) X5. The only stickers I can find are on the mobile
base (China). I strongly suspect it's not US made, though. The motor
certainly doesn't look US made, but it has no country of origin marked
on its label either.