Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Whole Body Donation

Lee Michaels post, "Casket Furniture" brings up something that I have
started to research, namely "Whole Body Donation".

What started all this was the death of a guy back where I grew up, who
over the years had
given back much to his community and as a final gift, donated his body
to The Ohio State University medical program when he died.

My research has just started, but it sure seems to have a lot of
positive things going for it.

For those of you who might be interested Google ("Whole Body
Donation", your state), and see what is available in your area.

Here in California is where the whole program got started at UCLA or
so I've been told, but there are programs all over.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Lew Hodgett wrote:
Here in California is where the whole program got started at UCLA or
so I've been told, but there are programs all over.

There were arrangements for cadavers for medical purposes a hundred
years or more before there _was_ a California...

Posted to rec.woodworking

dpb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
Here in California is where the whole program got started at UCLA or
so I've been told, but there are programs all over.

There were arrangements for cadavers for medical purposes a hundred
years or more before there _was_ a California...

Shhhhhhh! ... you wouldn't want to hurt their little warm fuzzy PC
feelings, now!

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08
Posted to rec.woodworking

"dpb" wrote:

There were arrangements for cadavers for medical purposes a hundred
years or more before there _was_ a California...

And..........................

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote
dpb wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:
Here in California is where the whole program got started at UCLA or
so I've been told, but there are programs all over.

There were arrangements for cadavers for medical purposes a hundred years
or more before there _was_ a California...

Shhhhhhh! ... you wouldn't want to hurt their little warm fuzzy PC
feelings, now!

Besides, in Kalifornia, you can't donate your body unless you have a
prominrntly displayed sticker on it that it may cause cancer! (Or a
tastefully done tattoo with a similar message.)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Whole Body Donation

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
news
Lee Michaels post, "Casket Furniture" brings up something that I have
started to research, namely "Whole Body Donation".

What started all this was the death of a guy back where I grew up, who
over the years had
given back much to his community and as a final gift, donated his body
to The Ohio State University medical program when he died.

My research has just started, but it sure seems to have a lot of
positive things going for it.

For those of you who might be interested Google ("Whole Body
Donation", your state), and see what is available in your area.

Here in California is where the whole program got started at UCLA or
so I've been told, but there are programs all over.

Lew

I ain't done with it yet.

B.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
"Buddy Matlosz" wrote :

I ain't done with it yet.

Neither am I, but working at itG.

What's the old gag about arriving at death's door, broke and with a
body that is worn out?

Lew

My dream is to be shot in the back by a jealous husband at the age of
119, and, being of sound mind and body, I spent every damn cent I had.
May not happen quite that way though...
Posted to rec.woodworking
rjd rjd is offline

On Jun 24, 5:26*pm, "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
Lee Michaels post, "Casket Furniture" brings up something that I have
started to research, namely "Whole Body Donation".

Lew

Please Don't Bury Me
©John Prine

Woke up this morning
Put on my slippers
Walked in the kitchen and died
And oh what a feeling!
When my soul
Went thru the ceiling
And on up into heaven I did ride
When I got there they did say
John, it happened this way
You slipped upon the floor
And hit your head
And all the angels say
Just before you passed away
These were the very last words
That you said:

Chorus:
Please don't bury me
Down in that cold cold ground
No, I'd druther have "em" cut me up
And pass me all around
Throw my brain in a hurricane
And the blind can have my eyes
And the deaf can take both of my ears
If they don't mind the size
Give my stomach to Milwaukee
If they run out of beer
Put my socks in a cedar box
Just get "em" out of here
Venus de Milo can have my arms
Look out! I've got your nose
Sell my heart to the junkman
And give my love to Rose

Repeat Chorus

Give my feet to the footloose
Careless, fancy free
Give my knees to the needy
Don't pull that stuff on me
Hand me down my walking cane
It's a sin to tell a lie
Send my mouth way down south
And kiss my ass goodbye

Repeat Chorus

Posted to rec.woodworking

Please - partially used nuts!

Stuart wrote:
In article ,
Lee Michaels wrote:
Besides, in Kalifornia, you can't donate your body unless you have a
prominrntly displayed sticker on it that it may cause cancer! (Or a
tastefully done tattoo with a similar message.)

Or "may contain nuts"

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 21:26:45 GMT, the infamous "Lew Hodgett"
scrawled the following:

Lee Michaels post, "Casket Furniture" brings up something that I have
started to research, namely "Whole Body Donation".

What started all this was the death of a guy back where I grew up, who
over the years had
given back much to his community and as a final gift, donated his body
to The Ohio State University medical program when he died.

My research has just started, but it sure seems to have a lot of
positive things going for it.

For those of you who might be interested Google ("Whole Body
Donation", your state), and see what is available in your area.

Here in California is where the whole program got started at UCLA or
so I've been told, but there are programs all over.

I have "Donor" on my Oregon driver's license, but I've decided to

donate my body to science fiction instead.

--
The only reason I would take up exercising is
so that I could hear heavy breathing again.