Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Reminder Woodworkers Show in Ontario CA Today and Tomorrow

http://cms.thewoodworkingshows.com/cms/
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Posted to rec.woodworking

"evodawg" wrote in message
http://cms.thewoodworkingshows.com/cms/
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Website Address http://rentmyhusband.biz/

Hopefully it will be much much much much much much much much much better
than the Houston show.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

"evodawg" wrote in message
http://cms.thewoodworkingshows.com/cms/
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Website Address http://rentmyhusband.biz/

Hopefully it will be much much much much much much much much much better
than the Houston show.

It was ok, much smaller then usual.
--
"You can lead them to LINUX
but you can't make them THINK"
Website Address http://rentmyhusband.biz/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"evodawg" wrote in message

Hopefully it will be much much much much much much much much much better
than the Houston show.

It was ok, much smaller then usual.

That's too bad. Apparently the vendors thought it important to have free
parking for the people too cheap to pay for parking. Trouble with this is
that too cheap to pay for parking normally equates to "not going to buy at
the show either". I talked to one of the vendors and he indicated that many
of the vendors are not happy with the current people that own the WW Shows
show. Seems that a smaller venue makes them look busier. The cash register
determines if you are busy or not. I only saw a coupled of the big tool
manufacturer at the last show and it was about 1/3 the size it was 3 years
ago.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Leon wrote:

"evodawg" wrote in message

Hopefully it will be much much much much much much much much much better
than the Houston show.

It was ok, much smaller then usual.

That's too bad. Apparently the vendors thought it important to have free
parking for the people too cheap to pay for parking. Trouble with this is
that too cheap to pay for parking normally equates to "not going to buy at
the show either". I talked to one of the vendors and he indicated that
many of the vendors are not happy with the current people that own the WW
Shows
show. Seems that a smaller venue makes them look busier. The cash
register
determines if you are busy or not. I only saw a coupled of the big tool
manufacturer at the last show and it was about 1/3 the size it was 3 years
ago.

I didn't see much cash register activity. I went looking for a deal on a PC
router and they weren't giving much better then Amazon does everyday.
Speaking of parking, I parked across the street at the Marriott. 8.00 for
parking is ridiculous!! I didn't even spend that much, ($7.00) at the show.
Matter of fact I even got a Rockler Gift Card for 10.00 from the Manager I
know. Use to work there many years ago. So I came out ahead. That's how bad
it was. Very tight spaced to. Went to a couple of clinic's and they were
decent. I also was interested in buying one of those Multi Master Tools,
the one made by Dremel but changed my mind when the cutting blade would not
stay on the tool. The Sales Woman was a little embarrassed by the whole
thing. Anyway saw a few friends and made some too, so it wasn't a total
waste of the day.
But you're right about the parking!!!