Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Lipped drawer fronts

I am ready to make some drawers for the lower half of a hutch. I am
interested in what I have seen called "lipped" drawer fronts or
rabbeted drawer fronts as my Leigh DT jig manual calls them. It's
unclear to me, though, whether there is an edge treatment (like a
roundover edge) on all 4 sides of the drawer front, or just the 2
sides and the top, with no edge treatment on the bottom.

If there is an edge treatment on all 4 sides, then it would appear
that the bottom of the drawer front does not have a rabbet? So that
the 2 sides and top overlap the drawer opening (acting as a stop
also), and the bottom one would be directly in line with it? Wouldn't
this look kind of weird? I can't picture it very well. Any pointers
to images or other references welcomed..

Cheers

Lipped drawer fronts [email protected] Woodworking 7 April 15th 09 04:44 AM
Rabbet drawer fronts? Stoutman Woodworking 15 June 23rd 07 05:24 AM
Drawer fronts stoutman Woodworking 14 February 26th 06 04:31 AM
Centering Drawer Fronts [email protected] Woodworking 5 October 26th 05 04:20 AM
Drawer fronts revisited Edwin Pawlowski Woodworking 0 March 13th 05 07:17 PM