Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Pattern Router Bit

Is there a general/all-purpose size pattern bit which would be beneficial to
own? I would like to have a range of different sizes, but for now, I would
like to start with a basic one then go from there.

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

Well, all flush trim bits can be used for a
lot of things. I like to keep several in stock
but a 3/8" bottom bit is my favorite.

I keep a couple of top bits for working on
templates.

You really end up buying bits based on the
job you are doing. You will accumulate several
after a few years.

Of course the big difference is if you are
using the router hand held or in a table.

I also find that I always need a longer bit
in many cases.

SBH wrote:
Is there a general/all-purpose size pattern bit which would be beneficial to
own? I would like to have a range of different sizes, but for now, I would
like to start with a basic one then go from there.

Thanks

Posted to rec.woodworking

Rockler sells a combination pattern/flush trim bit. It's a helical bit with
a bearing on the top and the bottom - Very very handy

Hope this helps

--
Gregory Paolini Design
www.GregoryPaolini.com