Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Hello all, my name is Rob. I stained some cherry.

A fireplace mantle I am working on for the HomeShow. This is just 1/3
of the whole thing. It shows the detail that the router can do. 3/16"
ball-nose bit. 4 hours of machine time. But that's the fun part, I
built a vanity while it was doing that.
I put a PolyShade on it, to give a bit of pop. I liked the natural
cherry better, but you couldn't see any detail that way.
I was pleasantly surprised with the test result. Learned a lot.
The total piece is 6" x 46"

http://s123.photobucket.com/albums/o...restDetail.jpg

I bought the file. There is also a logging train one that I might try
some day. Then I will learn to create my own 3D images like that from
grey-scale high-rez pictures.

Pre-stained wood [email protected] Home Repair 7 February 19th 09 08:50 PM
Need to stain cherry to dark cherry CraigT Woodworking 24 October 25th 07 02:52 AM
Stained brick Wyz Home Repair 2 February 17th 07 10:10 PM
poplar stained .... LarryLev Woodworking 2 September 18th 06 07:57 PM
restoring stained oak [email protected] UK diy 7 September 3rd 05 04:25 PM