Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Internal Combustion Breakthrough?

"Jay Pique" wrote in message
Call me a cynic, but this sounds a little too good to be true. There
seems to be very little "credible" press (is that an oxymoron?) given
the claimed performance. And it seems to have been around for a good
5 years. It'll be interesting to see though.

JP

************************************************** **************

Sounds very similar in theory to the Wankle, but more sophisticated. That
was a huge success too wasn't it? (zoom, zoom, zoom)

Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Jay Pique" wrote in message
Call me a cynic, but this sounds a little too good to be true. There
seems to be very little "credible" press (is that an oxymoron?) given
the claimed performance. And it seems to have been around for a good
5 years. It'll be interesting to see though.

JP

************************************************** **************

Sounds very similar in theory to the Wankle, but more sophisticated.
That was a huge success too wasn't it? (zoom, zoom, zoom)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out the Mazda RX8: http://www.mazda.ca/root.asp?lang=eng

Up to 232 hp from 1.3 L rotary. Goes like stink

P D Q

Posted to rec.woodworking

PDQ wrote:
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Jay Pique" wrote in message
Call me a cynic, but this sounds a little too good to be true.
There
seems to be very little "credible" press (is that an oxymoron?)
given
the claimed performance. And it seems to have been around for a
good
5 years. It'll be interesting to see though.

JP

************************************************** **************

Sounds very similar in theory to the Wankle, but more
sophisticated.
That was a huge success too wasn't it? (zoom, zoom, zoom)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out the Mazda RX8: http://www.mazda.ca/root.asp?lang=eng

Up to 232 hp from 1.3 L rotary. Goes like stink

Yeah, we all know that Mazda keeps a token Wankel in the lineup. But
don't be too surprised if in the current economic downturn that proves
to be a luxury that they can no longer afford.

If it was such an outstanding success then _every_ Mazda would have
one.

Friend of mine, an engineer, had an RX-7. Somebody stole it and he
used the insurance money to buy a used Porsche. Says how much he was
impressed with it.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"PDQ" wrote in message
Ed Pawlowski wrote:
"Jay Pique" wrote in message
Call me a cynic, but this sounds a little too good to be true. There
seems to be very little "credible" press (is that an oxymoron?) given
the claimed performance. And it seems to have been around for a good
5 years. It'll be interesting to see though.

JP

************************************************** **************

Sounds very similar in theory to the Wankle, but more sophisticated.
That was a huge success too wasn't it? (zoom, zoom, zoom)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Check out the Mazda RX8: http://www.mazda.ca/root.asp?lang=eng

Up to 232 hp from 1.3 L rotary. Goes like stink

P D Q

A big claimed difference between the rotary and this MTY engine is that the
rotary engine has relatively low torque at lower RPM's the MTY claims very
high torque.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

Yeah, we all know that Mazda keeps a token Wankel in the lineup. But
don't be too surprised if in the current economic downturn that proves
to be a luxury that they can no longer afford.

If it was such an outstanding success then _every_ Mazda would have
one.

I'd have to say that an engine that was introduced in the early 70's that
continues to be used in every one of the RX models probably deserves to be
called a success. The Corvette is a huge success but not every Chevrolet
has a Corvette engine.

Friend of mine, an engineer, had an RX-7. Somebody stole it and he
used the insurance money to buy a used Porsche. Says how much he was
impressed with it.

Do you buy the same car every time you purchase one? I have never bought
the same car twice although I have been very pleased with most of them.
Variety is the spice of life.

Posted to rec.woodworking
PDQ PDQ is offline

J. Clarke wrote:
PDQ wrote:

--

Ectually, ------ Porsche is the ultimate in understated snobery.

Even used it is head and shoulders above a mere rice burner.

P D Q
Posted to rec.woodworking

They are still making them...and people are driving them.

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Sounds very similar in theory to the Wankle, but more sophisticated. That
was a huge success too wasn't it? (zoom, zoom, zoom)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Ed Pawlowski wrote:

Sounds very similar in theory to the Wankle, but more sophisticated. That
was a huge success too wasn't it? (zoom, zoom, zoom)

They still make them and they still race well!

This past summer at Lime Rock, I was checking out an RX-8 that won the
2008 24H of Daytona. Man, is that engine physically small!
Posted to rec.woodworking

PDQ wrote:

Ectually, ------ Porsche is the ultimate in understated snobery.

Even used it is head and shoulders above a mere rice burner.

A well to do friend of mine always drove Beamers, then one day he bought
a Porsche... he HATED it. I told him it had to be better than those
Beamers he always drove. He took me for a ride and no ****, the thing
road worse than my first car, a 49 dodge pick up truck, except the
Porsche had more road noise and a slightly rougher ride...

One day he drove it off the road and bent two rims... $700 a piece for
rims...

--
Jack
http://jbstein.com