Posted to rec.woodworking

Default OT Humor: What is Celibacy?

Celibacy can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by circumstances.

While attending a Marriage Weekend, Walter and his wife, Ann, listened
to the instructor declare, 'It is essential that husbands and wives know
the things that are important to each other."

He then addressed the men, 'Can you name and describe your wife's
favorite flower?'
Walter leaned over, touched Ann's arm gently, and whispered, 'Gold
Medal-All-Purpose, isn't it?'

And thus began Walter's life of celibacy.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"jo4hn" wrote in message
m...

Celibacy can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by circumstances.

While attending a Marriage Weekend, Walter and his wife, Ann, listened to
the instructor declare, 'It is essential that husbands and wives know the
things that are important to each other."

He then addressed the men, 'Can you name and describe your wife's favorite
flower?'
Walter leaned over, touched Ann's arm gently, and whispered, 'Gold
Medal-All-Purpose, isn't it?'

And thus began Walter's life of celibacy.

It's important also to understand their interests and limitations. For
example, I'm not psychic, as much she herself is clairvoyant. And it's
slowly dawning on me that she really can't, not won't, maintain a 4 mph pace
uphill with a 60 lb pack on her back. BTW, some folks play chess or cards
for companionship rather than bloodsport.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 5, 12:50*pm, "MikeWhy" wrote:
"jo4hn" wrote in message

m...

Celibacy can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by circumstances.

While attending a Marriage Weekend, Walter and his wife, Ann, listened to
the instructor declare, 'It is essential that husbands and wives know the
things that are important to each other."

He then addressed the men, 'Can you name and describe your wife's favorite
flower?'
Walter leaned over, touched Ann's arm gently, and whispered, 'Gold
Medal-All-Purpose, isn't it?'

And thus began Walter's life of celibacy.

It's important also to understand their interests and limitations. For
example, I'm not psychic, as much she herself is clairvoyant. And it's
slowly dawning on me that she really can't, not won't, maintain a 4 mph pace
uphill with a 60 lb pack on her back. BTW, some folks play chess or cards
for companionship rather than bloodsport.

Maybe next time you go hiking, _you_ should carry that 60 pound back-
pack.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Maybe next time you go hiking, _you_ should carry that 60 pound back-
pack.

now wouldn't that kinda defeat the porpose of haveing her along? :-}
Posted to rec.woodworking

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
news
"jo4hn" wrote in message
m...

It's important also to understand their interests and limitations. For
example, I'm not psychic, as much she herself is clairvoyant. And it's
slowly dawning on me that she really can't, not won't, maintain a 4 mph
pace uphill with a 60 lb pack on her back. BTW, some folks play chess or
cards for companionship rather than bloodsport.

I don't know where you pack, or how long you stay out, but when my wife and
I go out for a weekend trip we typically carry no more than about twenty
pounds each. I'd call a 60-pound load a two-week trip load.

Tom Dacon

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Feb 5, 12:50 pm, "MikeWhy" wrote:
"jo4hn" wrote in message

m...

[...]

========
You should've heard her holler when she won our race up the slip face of Mt
Baldy. That was more'n 20 years ago; we're not such a bad match. As for the
real or mythical "Ann" in the story, she chose her life partner poorly.
"Walter" also, for marrying an incompatible sense of humor.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009 11:55:38 -0800, "Tom Dacon"
wrote:

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
news
"jo4hn" wrote in message
m...

It's important also to understand their interests and limitations. For
example, I'm not psychic, as much she herself is clairvoyant. And it's
slowly dawning on me that she really can't, not won't, maintain a 4 mph
pace uphill with a 60 lb pack on her back. BTW, some folks play chess or
cards for companionship rather than bloodsport.

I don't know where you pack, or how long you stay out, but when my wife and
I go out for a weekend trip we typically carry no more than about twenty
pounds each. I'd call a 60-pound load a two-week trip load.

Tom Dacon

For my wife, until very recently, 60 lbs was just a weekend jaunt,
even if we were staying in a hotel!.
A 2 week trip to the east coast with 4 adults in a PT cruiser fixed
THAT!!!!!!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Tom Dacon" wrote in message
:
: "MikeWhy" wrote in message
: news : "jo4hn" wrote in message
: m...
:
: It's important also to understand their interests and limitations.
For
: example, I'm not psychic, as much she herself is clairvoyant. And
it's
: slowly dawning on me that she really can't, not won't, maintain a 4
mph
: pace uphill with a 60 lb pack on her back. BTW, some folks play
chess or
: cards for companionship rather than bloodsport.
:
: I don't know where you pack, or how long you stay out, but when my
wife and
: I go out for a weekend trip we typically carry no more than about
twenty
: pounds each. I'd call a 60-pound load a two-week trip load.

Lots of water.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

"MikeWhy" wrote in message

:As for the real or mythical "Ann" in the story, she chose her life
partner poorly.
: "Walter" also, for marrying an incompatible sense of humor.

I think Walter was being serious.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

"MikeWhy" wrote in message
news : "jo4hn" wrote in message
: m...
:
[...]

How many of us can maintain a 4 mph pace on level pavement with our
running shoes on? That's a pretty stiff pace.

Dave in Houston

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Feb 6, 9:07*am, "NuWave Dave" wrote:
"Tom Dacon" wrote in message

:: "MikeWhy" wrote in message

:news : "jo4hn" wrote in message
: om...
:
: It's important also to understand their interests and limitations.
For
: example, I'm not psychic, as much she herself is clairvoyant. And
it's
: slowly dawning on me that she really can't, not won't, maintain a 4
mph
: pace uphill with a 60 lb pack on her back. BTW, some folks play
chess or
: cards for companionship rather than bloodsport.
:
: I don't know where you pack, or how long you stay out, but when my
wife and
: I go out for a weekend trip we typically carry no more than about
twenty
: pounds each. I'd call a 60-pound load a two-week trip load.

* * Lots of water.

Dave in Houston

And a baggie of Pringles. Emergency food and one the best fire-
starters ever.
Posted to rec.woodworking

jo4hn wrote:

Celibacy can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by circumstances.

It is generally not hereditary.

While attending a Marriage Weekend, Walter and his wife, Ann, listened
to the instructor declare, 'It is essential that husbands and wives know
the things that are important to each other."

He then addressed the men, 'Can you name and describe your wife's
favorite flower?'
Walter leaned over, touched Ann's arm gently, and whispered, 'Gold
Medal-All-Purpose, isn't it?'

And thus began Walter's life of celibacy.

basilisk

Posted to rec.woodworking

basilisk wrote:
jo4hn wrote:

Celibacy can be a choice in life, or a condition imposed by circumstances.

[snip]
basilisk

:-)
Posted to rec.woodworking
Joe Joe is offline

And a baggie of Pringles. Emergency food and one the best fire-
starters ever.

they're better than Fritos? Those things never seem to burn out.

jc