Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Another look at an inlay test

5 of the of 12 corner treatments I am making available to my bathroom
countertop customers.

The wood counterparts, will be engraved in the legs and/or doors.
Pictures of those coming soon.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...nlaystests.jpg

(and yes, the bottom-left corner has a layer-merge error. The
medallion should be on top. That's how you learn, eh?)
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 30, 4:01*pm, Robatoy wrote:
5 of the of 12 corner treatments I am making available to my bathroom
countertop customers.

The wood counterparts, will be engraved in the legs and/or doors.
Pictures of those coming soon.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...nlaystests.jpg

(and yes, the bottom-left corner has a layer-merge error. The
medallion should be on top. That's how you learn, eh?)

PS.. I put a quarter on the sample for size reference.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Robatoy" wrote in message
5 of the of 12 corner treatments I am making available to my bathroom
countertop customers.

The wood counterparts, will be engraved in the legs and/or doors.
Pictures of those coming soon.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...nlaystests.jpg

(and yes, the bottom-left corner has a layer-merge error. The
medallion should be on top. That's how you learn, eh?)

Looks a little busy to me. Also, it is awfully small for a countertop. G

I assume that you are using your CNC router for this. If so, how do you
position a big, heavy countertop accurately for these cuts?

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 30, 8:46*pm, "Lee Michaels"
wrote:
"Robatoy" wrote in message

5 of the of 12 corner treatments I am making available to my bathroom
countertop customers.

The wood counterparts, will be engraved in the legs and/or doors.
Pictures of those coming soon.

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...nlaystests.jpg

(and yes, the bottom-left corner has a layer-merge error. The
medallion should be on top. That's how you learn, eh?)

Looks a little busy to me. Also, it is awfully small for a countertop. G

I assume that you are using your CNC router for this. *If so, how do you
position a big, heavy countertop accurately for these cuts?

The CNC's travel will handle a piece 50" x 100". When the table's
spoil-board is leveled by the router-spindle itself, the boundaries
(The X,Y ) are established. Repeatability is .004 over the whole area.
As far as big and heavy is concerned..I eat a lot of Wheaties. I slide
the slab onto the table from the open end, stick on some big honking
suction cups (really) and I have my way with any slab. My CNC is not
set up to deal with granite or quartz. I only machine dry.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lee Michaels wrote:

I assume that you are using your CNC router for this. If so, how do you
position a big, heavy countertop accurately for these cuts?

Lee...

There are two ways to tackle the problem. The first is to attach a fence
to the table (I have one that runs along the x-axis or long edge of the
table) and use the router to machine a true face for work to bear against.

The second (if the router control is set up to allow it) is to use a
device like the one at

http://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/SuperZero/

to accurately locate a reference corner of the workpiece. For large
workpieces, I use a combination of both methods.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar

Triple Inlay - Before Leveling - From Rec.Norm - Inlay - Before Leveling2.jpg (0/1) t Woodworking Plans and Photos 2 October 20th 08 03:17 AM
Triple Inlay - Before Leveling - From Rec.Norm - Inlay - Before Leveling2.jpg (1/1) t Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 October 20th 08 01:48 AM
inlay Dr. Deb Woodworking 2 June 22nd 08 04:06 PM
Banded Inlay - inlay.jpg (0/1) ray Woodworking Plans and Photos 4 May 11th 07 04:30 PM
Banded Inlay - inlay.jpg (1/1) ray Woodworking Plans and Photos 0 May 9th 07 10:00 PM