Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Need Ryobi bt3100

My son in Kansas is looking for a Ryobi BT3100 saw. His Home Depot is out of
stock and says they are going to get more. It's been several weeks so far and no
saw. Does anyone know where else he can find one. Seems I remember that Sears
used to carry the saw. He might consider a good used Bt3100 if it is somewhere
near Kansas. Chuck B
Posted to rec.woodworking
dpb dpb is offline

Chuck wrote:
My son in Kansas is looking for a Ryobi BT3100 saw. His Home Depot is
out of stock and says they are going to get more. It's been several
weeks so far and no saw. Does anyone know where else he can find one.
Seems I remember that Sears used to carry the saw. He might consider a
good used Bt3100 if it is somewhere near Kansas. Chuck B

KS is a good-size place...

_Which_ part of KS, pray tell? We're in SW corner, but that's ~400 mi
from KC area, say...

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:03:42 GMT, Chuck wrote:

My son in Kansas is looking for a Ryobi BT3100 saw. His Home Depot is out of
stock and says they are going to get more. It's been several weeks so far and no
saw. Does anyone know where else he can find one. Seems I remember that Sears
used to carry the saw. He might consider a good used Bt3100 if it is somewhere
near Kansas. Chuck B

Good chances getting it online, delivered less than HD. Have you
shopped online? BTW, this is a very low-end saw, not worth buying
used. I know you want a "table saw," but a quality circular saw
would be a much better value in the long run.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Phisherman" wrote in message
On Tue, 27 Jan 2009 19:03:42 GMT, Chuck wrote:

Good chances getting it online, delivered less than HD. Have you
shopped online? BTW, this is a very low-end saw, not worth buying
used. I know you want a "table saw," but a quality circular saw
would be a much better value in the long run.

I wondered how long it would be. :-)

I was tempted.

Posted to rec.woodworking

MC wrote:
"Chuck" wrote in message ...
My son in Kansas is looking for a Ryobi BT3100 saw. His Home Depot is out of
stock and says they are going to get more. It's been several weeks so far and no
saw. Does anyone know where else he can find one. Seems I remember that Sears
used to carry the saw. He might consider a good used Bt3100 if it is somewhere
near Kansas. Chuck B

Here is a more highly acclaimed small table saw at an exceptional price:
http://bosch.cpotools.com/saws/table_saws/4100-rt.html

My home depot has the Rigid TS3660 Cast Iron Table Saw for $450
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/TS3660-T...w/EN/index.htm

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply
Posted to rec.woodworking

-MIKE- wrote in
:

My home depot has the Rigid TS3660 Cast Iron Table Saw for $450
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/TS3660-T...w/EN/index.htm

They might also have a wheeled contractor's version, TS2410LS, for around
the same price. If size is a factor, the TS2410LS might be a good way to
go. I haven't seen too much about it, the TS3660 is the more popular
saw.

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...roductDisplay?
storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100090444&N=10000003 +
90401+502949#specs

(If the URL wraps badly, just do a Google Search for "Home Depot Ridgid
table saw" and it's the first result.)

Puckdropper
--
On Usenet, no one can hear you laugh. That's a good thing, though, as
some writers are incorrigible.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
-MIKE- wrote in
:

My home depot has the Rigid TS3660 Cast Iron Table Saw for $450
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/TS3660-T...w/EN/index.htm

They might also have a wheeled contractor's version, TS2410LS, for around
the same price. If size is a factor, the TS2410LS might be a good way to
go. I haven't seen too much about it, the TS3660 is the more popular
saw.

snip

The TS3660 just went on sale at my store for $399. I think there might be an
overstock of them and they need to make room. Not sure if it is nationwide
or not, but my district is all the same. They also do this periodically with
the portable miter saw stand.

Dave

Posted to rec.woodworking

Dave wrote:
"Puckdropper" puckdropper(at)yahoo(dot)com wrote in message
-MIKE- wrote in
:

My home depot has the Rigid TS3660 Cast Iron Table Saw for $450
http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/TS3660-T...w/EN/index.htm

They might also have a wheeled contractor's version, TS2410LS, for
around the same price. If size is a factor, the TS2410LS might be
good way to go. I haven't seen too much about it, the TS3660 is
the
more popular saw.

snip

The TS3660 just went on sale at my store for $399. I think there
might be an overstock of them and they need to make room. Not sure
if
it is nationwide or not, but my district is all the same. They also
do this periodically with the portable miter saw stand.

They have a new saw, the R4511, in production that sells for the same
price as the TS3660, but has cabinet-mounted trunions, a riving knife
and a granite top, and they may be clearing out stocks of the 3660.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

The TS3660 just went on sale at my store for $399. I think there might
be an overstock of them and they need to make room. Not sure if it is
nationwide or not, but my district is all the same. They also do this
periodically with the portable miter saw stand.

Dave

Holy schnikies! If it goes $400 or less, here, I don't think I'll be
able to resist.

It's a great saw for 500, under 4 makes it too good to pass up. The only
thing I'm suspect about is the adjustability of the fence--
square-to-slot. When I was messing with the floor model, the fence was
out of parallel to the slot by about a 1/16" at the top. Most fences
have an adjustment fort that... I just couldn't find it.

--

-MIKE-

--Elvin Jones (1927-2004)
--
http://mikedrums.com

---remove "DOT" ^^^^ to reply

Posted to rec.woodworking

"-MIKE-" wrote in message
The TS3660 just went on sale at my store for $399. I think there might be
an overstock of them and they need to make room. Not sure if it is
nationwide or not, but my district is all the same. They also do this
periodically with the portable miter saw stand.

Dave

Holy schnikies! If it goes $400 or less, here, I don't think I'll be
able to resist.

It's a great saw for 500, under 4 makes it too good to pass up. The only
thing I'm suspect about is the adjustability of the fence--
square-to-slot. When I was messing with the floor model, the fence was
out of parallel to the slot by about a 1/16" at the top. Most fences
have an adjustment fort that... I just couldn't find it.

Don't worry too much about the floor model you tried. If it has been on
the floor for more than 3 months, it probably should be sent to the vendor
for refurbish. After the public finishes stealing all of the parts they can
get off in 60 seconds, its surprising that it even looks like a saw! The
fence is adjustable and works very well. Once the word gets around, I doubt
that he saw will last very long for $400.
I know nothing about the new model, with the granite top, so I'll hold my
judgement until then.

Dave