Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cleaning washable Jet AFS-1000 filter without a garden hose

Does anyone have a good tip for washing the above filter indoors?

I really need to clean the filter, but it's 12F today...

Thanks!
Posted to rec.woodworking

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Does anyone have a good tip for washing the above filter indoors?

I really need to clean the filter, but it's 12F today...

Thanks!

Bathtub

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:05:16 -0500, B A R R Y wrote:

Does anyone have a good tip for washing the above filter indoors?

I really need to clean the filter, but it's 12F today...

Thanks!

Does it really need to be washed, Barry?

I blow mine clean with air.. Seems to work fine..

Then again, I might not be cleaning it as well as it should be...
I guess I'll have to dig into the paperwork drawer and RTFM...

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking

B A R R Y wrote:
Does anyone have a good tip for washing the above filter indoors?

I really need to clean the filter, but it's 12F today...

Thanks!

For cleaning filters of any kind, I generally bring out the shop vacuum
and back out (reverse of the air flow through the filter) the crud. It
won't get everything, but should suffice until you can don your Speedo
and hose it in your front yard.
:-)
jo4hn

p.s. my swimsuit has a hole in the knee...
Posted to rec.woodworking

mac davis wrote:
On Sun, 25 Jan 2009 11:05:16 -0500, B A R R Y wrote:

Does anyone have a good tip for washing the above filter indoors?

I really need to clean the filter, but it's 12F today...

Thanks!

Does it really need to be washed, Barry?

Yes. It's not the paper filter that comes with the unit, but the cloth
upgrade.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message

"B A R R Y" wrote in message
Does anyone have a good tip for washing the above filter indoors?

I really need to clean the filter, but it's 12F today...

Bathtub

.... or utility sink. It's one of my most favorite pastimes, each drop of the
seemingly endless stream of scum water validating the filter's effectiveness
and my foresight in installing it, much like how picking dead bugs out of
the backyard zappers can occupy me happily for hours.