Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Web site and affiliate marketing

Hi,

Does aneone here have a woodworking web site and use affiliate
marketing on there site?
I have a web and have ads placed on my web site but get very few hits
on these ads. Can anyone give me tips on how to improve this?

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 04:35:44 -0800, randyswoodshoop wrote:

Hi,

Does aneone here have a woodworking web site and use affiliate marketing
on there site?
I have a web and have ads placed on my web site but get very few hits on
these ads. Can anyone give me tips on how to improve this?

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com

So many people now use browser add-on applications that totally block
third party advertisements. Several add-on applications to choose from,
but Addblock Plus is my favorite.

The object here is to block and ignore those third party ads you placed
on your web site, or any web site, visited. Also blocking all third
party cookies is mandatory in today's environment, blocking all web site
cookies with out express permission is only smart.

In short, forget about earning money from selling web advertisements;
Sucker's game.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jan 20, 6:52*am, Phil Again wrote:
[...]

Thanks for your help
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 20 Jan 2009 04:35:44 -0800, randyswoodshoop wrote:

Hi,

Does aneone here have a woodworking web site and use affiliate marketing
on there site?
I have a web and have ads placed on my web site but get very few hits on
these ads. Can anyone give me tips on how to improve this?

Randy

Now that I know you have ads, I won't even visit your site. IMO, a private
web page to show of what you do is great and I've learned a lot from some,
enjoyed seeing what others do. Once they become commercialized, they lose
their appeal to me. I never click on an ad on a web page.
--

What happened to the internet for the FREE exchange of ideas?
Ed

Posted to rec.woodworking

randyswoodshoop wrote in
.
com:

Hi,

Does aneone here have a woodworking web site and use affiliate
marketing on there site?
I have a web and have ads placed on my web site but get very few
hits on these ads. Can anyone give me tips on how to improve
this?

Randy
http://nokeswoodworks.com

It's all about click through rates. I have a couple of sites in
which I put google ads on. They unobtrusive, and I don't try to hide
the fact that they're ads. They also don't block the flow of the
site.

I don't know who you're using for affiliate marketing, but it could
be that the ads generated are not targeted enough.