Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: Another WOW!

Was getting out of my truck in the parking lot in front of the grocery
store when a man in his 50's, dressed in a security guard uniform came
walking by.

He struck up a conversation using his broken English.

I was puzzled, but decided to respond.

Next thing I know he says, "God bless America, I am so lucky to be in
America."

"Where are you from?", I asked.

"Lebanon", he answered.

I understood.

No matter how screwed up things in the USA are at times, we still
represent the best chance for a better life.

At this time of the year, best we not forget how fortunate we are to
live here.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:

Was getting out of my truck in the parking lot in front of the grocery
store when a man in his 50's, dressed in a security guard uniform came
walking by.

He struck up a conversation using his broken English.

I was puzzled, but decided to respond.

Next thing I know he says, "God bless America, I am so lucky to be in
America."

"Where are you from?", I asked.

"Lebanon", he answered.

I understood.

No matter how screwed up things in the USA are at times, we still
represent the best chance for a better life.

At this time of the year, best we not forget how fortunate we are to
live here.

Lew

Those are the people who most appreciate the freedom and opportunity that
this country offers -- they've seen what results from oppression and lack
of opportunity.
Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , Mark & Juanita wrote:
Lew Hodgett wrote:

[...]

Damn right. It's my pleasure and good fortune to count among my friends two
Polish men and their families, who came here eight and fifteen years ago,
respectively. If you want to hear appreciation for freedom, talk to a Pole who
grew up under communism.
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Doug Miller" wrote:

Damn right. It's my pleasure and good fortune to count among my
friends two
Polish men and their families, who came here eight and fifteen years
ago,
respectively. If you want to hear appreciation for freedom, talk to
a Pole who
grew up under communism.

Never saw it written, only spoken my Polish buddies, but here goes:

"Yack She Maash"

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article , "Lew Hodgett" wrote:
"Doug Miller" wrote:

Damn right. It's my pleasure and good fortune to count among my
friends two
Polish men and their families, who came here eight and fifteen years
ago,
respectively. If you want to hear appreciation for freedom, talk to
a Pole who
grew up under communism.

Never saw it written, only spoken my Polish buddies, but here goes:

"Yack She Maash"

Bardzo dobzhe, djienkuje.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message

"Yack She Maash"

Lew

jak sie masz

Ja równiez dziekuje (I am well, thank you)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Edwin Pawlowski" wrote:

jak sie masz

Ja równiez dziekuje (I am well, thank you)

Dobe sha. (That's as close as can get)G

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Another WOW!

I had a coworker in the '80s (he is deceased now), that came from Romania
(under communist rule ). He said people said "cut my arms off, but let go to
America". He was an amateur radio operator, his call was K2PA, or K2 Proud
American
Frank