RESPITE95

Default Woodworking show judging criteria?

Our woodworking group wants to have a show in the Spring with the works judged
by some knowledgable person with the awarding of cash or ribbon awards. If you
have any experience with such an event, could you share with me what criteria
you used to judge the items? What are the pitfalls to avoid and would you do
it again? Our group is about 40 members strong but there are many different
interests, such as turning, carving, restoring, building furniture,etc. I
would like to see everyone enter at least one piece in the show. Any comments
would be helpful. GCS
DarylRos

If you go to our website, www.liwoodworkers.org, and click on the show
exhibition application, you will see a set of judging rules I developed, based
on our last few shows. It's probably more than you need--our club has grown to
about 300 members (The Long Island Woodworkers Club). Best of luck with your
show. When and where is it?

BTW--shameless plug--our next show is April 17 and 18, Saturday and Sunday at
the Hofstra University Arena, 10 AM to 5 PM. Check out the website, and come on
over. Frank Klausz, Mario Rodriguez, Garrett Hack, Ernie Conover and Strother
Purdy will be there. They are the judges this year.

FAQ Marlene & John Schwab Woodworking 2 October 23rd 03 12:47 AM
Indianapolis Indiana Woodworking show Oct 10-11-12 Mike at American Sycamore Woodworking 9 October 17th 03 02:00 PM