Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Banjo

This one is for Swing
................................................. ......

There was this lone survivor who washed up on the shores of an
isolated sandy shored, South Pacific Island.

He was nurtured and brought back to health...

When he awakened he was nestled in the fair chocolate arms of a native
beauty.

Yes I said chocolate...pay attention.

He could barely hear the soft shuffling of the surf breaking against
the distant reef as the monotonous sounds of a drum beating and
beating all hours of the day and night obscured his every waking
moment.

He asked Shambibi, the cute one, (ie: nurturer) why the
drums....constantly?

Beating and beating and beating.

She said:

When drums stop......BIG EVIL COME!

It was an ideal life, little work, dancing and singing and eating, and
other South Pacific things...naked people of incredible loveliness,
with perfect manners, outstanding customs and immense kindness.

But the drums, the damned drums....

Again he asked why the drums were constantly beating.

He got the same answer again:

When drums stop....GREAT EVIL COME!

Reclining beneath the breadfruit tree he could see into the sun
saturated, crystalline seas.

Fish darting, strange and beautiful....brilliant colors but again the
drums, on and on and on.

Come on, Shambibi why the drums?

When the drums stop....GREAT EVIL COME.

I know, I know, what evil?

When drums stop......BANJO SOLO.

Posted to rec.woodworking

She said:

When drums stop......BIG EVIL COME!

It was an ideal life, little work, dancing and singing and eating, and
other South Pacific things...naked people of incredible loveliness,
with perfect manners, outstanding customs and immense kindness.

But the drums, the damned drums....

Again he asked why the drums were constantly beating.

He got the same answer again:

When drums stop....GREAT EVIL COME!

Reclining beneath the breadfruit tree he could see into the sun
saturated, crystalline seas.

Fish darting, strange and beautiful....brilliant colors but again the
drums, on and on and on.

Come on, Shambibi why the drums?

When the drums stop....GREAT EVIL COME.

I know, I know, what evil?

When drums stop......BANJO SOLO.

-------------------

There is a version of that nugget that goes:

he finally blurts out: "Those drums sound terrible!!"

and she says: "well, he's not our regular drummer."

http://www.instantrimshot.com/
Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lew Hodgett" wrote in message
This one is for Swing

When drums stop......BANJO SOLO.

Wheeew! ... thought for a minute there you were going to say BASS SOLO!

Known fact: A dog will follow a banjo player around and keep everyone
uncertain as to which is responsible for the odor.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 10/22/08

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Swingman" wrote:

Wheeew! ... thought for a minute there you were going to say BASS
SOLO!

Had to keep an aura of suspenseG.

Known fact: A dog will follow a banjo player around and keep
everyone uncertain as to which is responsible for the odor.

Wonder if Pete Seeger and Ricky Skaggs know that?

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
says...

When drums stop......BANJO SOLO.

Aaawww c'mon! I _like_ Pete Seeger (although I haven't heard anything by
or from him in 15 years or so) ...

-P.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Peter Huebner" wrote:

Aaawww c'mon! I _like_ Pete Seeger (although I haven't heard
anything by
or from him in 15 years or so) ...

Check out Smithsonian/Folkways Recordings.

I have a 2 CD set of his that they distribute.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Nov 26, 3:18*pm, Peter Huebner wrote:
In article ,
says...

When drums stop......BANJO SOLO.

Aaawww c'mon! I _like_ Pete Seeger (although I haven't heard anything by
or from him in 15 years or so) ...

-P.

Check out: http://www.peteseeger.net/

Picture on the right in the header is the way I recall him from my
days in Albany, NY: I moved from there in 1972, though.

He's got to be older than Moses, but I didn't check his age.
Apparently, he's still performing.
Posted to rec.woodworking

Lew Hodgett wrote:
[snip]

There was a pretty fair picker in the Lester, Earl, & the Foggy Mountain
Boys Orchestra and Chorus. Earl used be a Monroe Bluegrass Boy and they
seem to be able to come up with some good 'uns (Drumright, Jordan,
Yarbrough, etc.). For all around entertainment value, try the Dillards
with Rodney on banjo. Think I may settle down with some CDs this morning.
sincerely,
Uncle Pen
Posted to rec.woodworking

"jo4hn" wrote:

There was a pretty fair picker in the Lester, Earl, & the Foggy
Mountain Boys Orchestra and Chorus.

Several years ago, PBS showed a concert given someplace in the
Carolinas with Ricky, Earl, and Doc Watson.

Pretty fair evening's entertainment.

Lew

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Charlie Self" wrote:

He's got to be older than Moses, but I didn't check his age.

Apparently, he's still performing.

Pete and a group just appeared on late night TV, the "Tonight Show", I
think.

And yes, he's older than dirt but still singing and pickin.

Lew

BANJO J T Woodworking 0 December 15th 07 02:11 AM
INSPIRATION - Banjo J T Woodworking 0 December 4th 06 02:13 PM
FRETLESS BANJO J T Woodworking 0 December 4th 06 02:00 PM
looking to buy lathe banjo bizHB Woodturning 1 March 21st 06 06:09 PM
looking to buy lathe banjo bizHB Woodturning 1 March 21st 06 01:13 PM