Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default A small nanner, and a couple of bummers.

Suffering from Tormek-envy this morning, I stopped in at Woodcraft to remedy
the situation. I left there with another 35 bft of select cherry, a slow
speed grinder, and a $30 rubber bulb for glue. Yippee on the cherry; $3.69 a
bft is pretty good for these parts. Bummer on the other items. The edges of
the tool rests are bumpy and wavy. It'll take some work to get them flat or
attach something straight enough to guide my hand. I don't use a jig; just
my forefinger along the edge of the tool rest. The tool rests from my old
grinder don't fit. The rubber bulb glue bottle is a disappointment. The demo
item in the store was leak free with the cast zinc nozzle screwed on. I
couldn't budge it at all with a finger pressed lightly over the brass tip.
The one I bought just wheezes through the rubber gasket when I squeeze. I'm
bummed. That's another $10 in gas to exchange it for one that will close. I
suppose I could try to seal it with the glue in it, but what use Do I have
for a $30 leaky rubber bulb?

Maybe a Nanner, Followup James[_14_] Woodworking 9 November 6th 08 03:58 PM
Maybe a Nanner Upscale Woodworking 11 September 30th 08 04:24 PM
Maybe a Nanner Woodie[_2_] Woodworking 3 September 29th 08 12:19 AM
Maybe a Nanner Han Woodworking 7 September 28th 08 06:25 PM
Source for photo-couple/opto-couple dlnpc Electronics Repair 0 March 22nd 04 03:59 AM