Norm

Default Ryobi Battery Replacements

I havea Ryobi HP1202M cordless drill with a 12v Nicad battery#1311148. Are
there other batteries that can be used as replacemets to this battery,
especially nimh?

John Crea

Open up the old battery pack and see if it uses C or D cells.

Then make a replacement pack with high capacity (5ah for C and 11aH
for D) NiMH batteries. Of course, the Ryobi charger is probably NOT
going to properly charge the NiMH batteries, so you would need
something like a Maha 777Plus charger to go along with this

Did this with a old PC cordless drill, get more than 2x the run times
with the new hicap NiMH battery pack

Otherwise, unless Ryobi makes a replacement NiMH pack for that old
drill, you are out of luck.

John

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 18:12:21 GMT, "Norm" wrote:

I havea Ryobi HP1202M cordless drill with a 12v Nicad battery#1311148. Are
there other batteries that can be used as replacemets to this battery,
especially nimh?

Wilson

HD has Royobi batteries. Not too cheap. I've got a 14.4v drill and the
battery costs $49. Senco's Dura Spin has the same exact battery and charger
as the Royobi, but the cost is $25 more. I'm stuck too. Both of my
batteries are dead.

"Norm" wrote in message
link.net...
I havea Ryobi HP1202M cordless drill with a 12v Nicad battery#1311148. Are
there other batteries that can be used as replacemets to this battery,
especially nimh?

Paul

"Wilson" wrote in message
. com...
HD has Royobi batteries. Not too cheap. I've got a 14.4v drill and the
battery costs $49. Senco's Dura Spin has the same exact battery and

charger
as the Royobi, but the cost is $25 more. I'm stuck too. Both of my
batteries are dead.

"Norm" wrote in message
link.net...
I havea Ryobi HP1202M cordless drill with a 12v Nicad battery#1311148.

Are
there other batteries that can be used as replacemets to this battery,
especially nimh?

How bout rebuilt. 12.0 volt, rebuild as 2000mAh nicd $36.50 or increase to

2600mAh nicd $49.50.
http://www.primecell.com/ No affiliation, just aware of the service.
--
Paul

P©WÉ®T©©LMAN ²ºº

Don't forget if you are changing from NiCD to NiMH you normally need a
Hi-Capacity charger & your existing charger may not do the job.

--
© Jon Down ®

"Paul" wrote in message

"Wilson" wrote in message
. com...
HD has Royobi batteries. Not too cheap. I've got a 14.4v drill and the
battery costs $49. Senco's Dura Spin has the same exact battery and

charger
as the Royobi, but the cost is $25 more. I'm stuck too. Both of my
batteries are dead.

"Norm" wrote in message
link.net...
I havea Ryobi HP1202M cordless drill with a 12v Nicad battery#1311148.

Are
there other batteries that can be used as replacemets to this

battery,
especially nimh?

How bout rebuilt. 12.0 volt, rebuild as 2000mAh nicd $36.50 or increase

2600mAh nicd $49.50.
http://www.primecell.com/ No affiliation, just aware of the service.
--
Paul

Norman Lever

The Ryobi batteries use "Sub C" size cells, tagged for soldering together.
Rated at 1.2V, you'll need 10 for your battery housing. Shop around - Ryobi
traditionally use 'unbranded' (Read seconds) from Matsu****a, usually rated
at 600 to 800 mA/hour. You can easily buy 1800mA/Hour (1.8Amp-Hour) cells
and I've recently seen 3000mA/Hour (3 Amp-Hour) cells.

Then just strip the housing down, duplicate the layout of the old cells with
new, soldered together and then install the new ones, charge overnight and
you're off.

As for cell types, although NiMH offers no "memory", it can only be charged
through about 500 cycles, to NiCd's 1200!!

link.net...