Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Samurai!

I bought an Odate dovetail Dozuki. It came neatly wrapped in its own dark
blue cloth cover case, emblazoned in gold ink with "Samurai" and some
Japanese script. How embarrassingly easy to become a member of the warrior
elite. Side by side next an identical saw wrapped in a plain, unprinted
cover case, I would have paid extra for the unprinted one.

(It cuts nice. But I expected that.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"MikeWhy" wrote

I bought an Odate dovetail Dozuki. It came neatly wrapped in its own dark
blue cloth cover case, emblazoned in gold ink with "Samurai" and some
Japanese script. How embarrassingly easy to become a member of the warrior
elite. Side by side next an identical saw wrapped in a plain, unprinted
cover case, I would have paid extra for the unprinted one.

So what you are saying is.....

You value the "plain brown wrapper"??

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Lee Michaels" wrote in message

"MikeWhy" wrote

I bought an Odate dovetail Dozuki. It came neatly wrapped in its own dark
blue cloth cover case, emblazoned in gold ink with "Samurai" and some
Japanese script. How embarrassingly easy to become a member of the warrior
elite. Side by side next an identical saw wrapped in a plain, unprinted
cover case, I would have paid extra for the unprinted one.

So what you are saying is.....

You value the "plain brown wrapper"??

If "Samurai" means "Inside is the finest quality saw we know how to mass
produce," I would be happy. Instead, it evokes an emotion similar to having
it read "Ninja Turtle." I'm a little dismayed, in other words, but mayhaps
I'll find a use for it this Halloween.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 15:04:53 +0000, MikeWhy wrote
(in article ):

I bought an Odate dovetail Dozuki. It came neatly wrapped in its own dark
blue cloth cover case, emblazoned in gold ink with "Samurai" and some
Japanese script. How embarrassingly easy to become a member of the warrior
elite. Side by side next an identical saw wrapped in a plain, unprinted
cover case, I would have paid extra for the unprinted one.

(It cuts nice. But I expected that.

Could be worse- it might have had "Samurai-PRO!!!: written on it, and maybe
"Liquid Quenched" and "hypoxic hydrocarbon stasis" or whatever buzzwords the
marketing lads have been jerking each other off to - or, as everything ever
produced in the 80s seemed to have itself festooned with,
"LAZER" (sic) or even more ubiquitously,
"TURBO!"

Maybe your next corded power tool will be remarketed Power Ranger? - Look at
the Hitachi router and tell me it's not on the horizon.

Chin up. It seems the saw was _totally awesomemely megs ultimate_ - at least.

Remember, use it always with honour and never in anger.

Hmmm -
anyone for EXTREME DOVETAILS ??