Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Woodworkers Guild of America

I just received an unsolicited DVD in the mail from the Woodworkers Guild of
America.
The accompanying letter said to watch the video and if I was not interested,
please return it in the postage-paid envelope.If I was interested, please
send $12.95 and I would receive another video in a few months.
Well, the video was interesting. Being a woodworker, at the hobbyist level,
I did manage to cull a few tips from the video.
I was wondering if any of you have received this same offer.
My scam alert went off, when I read the $12.95 was a "special offer price",
no mention of the regular price, of subsequent videos.
I did visit the accompanying website. www.wwgoa.com., briefly. I did not
have enough time to really delve into the site.
I just thought I would check if any of you have heard of this organization.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"ron" wrote in message
[...]

Unsolicited in the mail? I'm pretty sure its yours. Don't even have to
return it and waste ten seconds that you could be doing something else.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"ron" wrote in message
[...]

I'd say, send them a thank you card for the "GIFT" and you will gladly
accept more "Gifts" for free.

Posted to rec.woodworking

ron wrote:

[...]

I asked the same question awhile back, which tells me that a certain
woodworking magazine, or store, or trade show is selling its mailing list.
In any event you're under no obligation to send back the DVD which they
admit in the fine print that came with the disc. Or if you have a
dual-layer burner you can copy it and send it back. I'm guessing that
future discs cost twice as much as the first one. I thought the first disc
was well done, but it looks like many of their titles would be of little
interest to me until I actually own all those big stationary tools they
demonstrate the use of.

Posted to rec.woodworking
Len Len is offline

"Bob La Londe" wrote in message
: "ron" wrote in message
: ...
[...]
:
:
: Unsolicited in the mail? I'm pretty sure its yours. Don't even
have to
: return it and waste ten seconds that you could be doing something
else.
:

True on it's face. But, since they did provide a postage paid
envelope, I'd return it just to cost them the postage for sending me
unsolicited mail that tries to make me think I owe them money if I
don't.

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Len" wrote in message
True on it's face. But, since they did provide a postage paid
envelope, I'd return it just to cost them the postage for sending me
unsolicited mail that tries to make me think I owe them money if I
don't.

It would cost them more if they didn't get the DVD back.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Len wrote:

True on it's face. But, since they did provide a postage paid
envelope, I'd return it just to cost them the postage for sending me
unsolicited mail that tries to make me think I owe them money if I
don't.

So just return the envelope. eg

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
Posted to rec.woodworking

Len wrote:

True on it's face. But, since they did provide a postage paid
envelope, I'd return it just to cost them the postage for sending me
unsolicited mail that tries to make me think I owe them money if I
don't.

Len

Send the envelope back empty.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 27, 11:24*pm, "Len" wrote:
they did provide a postage paid
envelope, I'd return it just to cost them the postage for sending me
unsolicited mail that tries to make me think I owe them money if I
don't.

Len

send them back the return envelope. stuff it with other junk mail if
you like. keep the CD if it interests you, or give it away to someone
else it might interest.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Oct 28, 8:34*am, Morris Dovey wrote:
Len wrote:
True on it's face. But, since they did provide a postage paid
envelope, I'd return it just to cost them the postage for sending me
unsolicited mail that tries to make me think I owe them money if I
don't.

So just return the envelope. eg

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

That is deliciously evil.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Len wrote:
True on it's face. But, since they did provide a postage paid
envelope, I'd return it just to cost them the postage for sending me
unsolicited mail that tries to make me think I owe them money if I
don't.

So just return the envelope. eg

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Tape the envelope to a brick and send it back.
Posted to rec.woodworking

On 10/28/08 12:36 PMOct 28, "Nova" wrote:

Len wrote:

True on it's face. But, since they did provide a postage paid
envelope, I'd return it just to cost them the postage for sending me
unsolicited mail that tries to make me think I owe them money if I
don't.

Send the envelope back empty.

Or stuff with the junk mail that you get from other sources. I like to
spread the wealth.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Len wrote:
True on it's face. But, since they did provide a postage paid
envelope, I'd return it just to cost them the postage for sending
me
unsolicited mail that tries to make me think I owe them money if I
don't.

So just return the envelope. eg

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar
DeSoto, Iowa USAhttp://www.iedu.com/DeSoto/

Tape the envelope to a brick and send it back.

Nahh, if the envelope is "improperly used as a label" then the post
office tosses it per regulation 917.243(b).

If you're really upset with them then file a 2150
http://www.usps.com/forms/_pdf/ps1500.pdf. Note that the Supreme
Court has ruled that since the statute contains the words "in the sole
discretion of the recipient" you can declare the Bible to be
pornographic for purposes of getting a prohibitory order. Send it
directly to the Pricing and Classifcation Service Center at the
address on the form, don't bother with the local post office--most of
them don't know the rules on this one and will likely just trash it.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)