Posted to rec.woodworking

Default I need to match some "cherry finished" funiture

You know the flat boxed stuff (quality ). would it be better to stain or dye
the real cherry piece.I would not normally do either to cherry. but it needs
to match.

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking

Well without a picture it is really hard to say. "Cherry finished"
usually means it is not Cherry wood, just a color that is supposed to
look like Cherry. So a picture of what you are trying to match will
help us see what the target looks like and maybe identify the wood
species. The same staining material and technique on different woods
can deliver very different results.

On Oct 21, 2:02*pm, "Leonard Shapiro"
wrote:
You know the flat boxed stuff (quality ). would it be better to stain or dye
the real cherry piece.I would not normally do either to cherry. but it needs
to match.

Len

Posted to rec.woodworking

As I said it was flat boxed stuff(non wood,you know vinyl with whitewood
trim colored cherry finish, Planked cherry). It is a darker brown red color
and since this a binary group pics are not available to be posted. I finish
most other cherry projects with either oil or shellac, but in this case I
need to more or less match the furniture in the room with a stain or dye.

len

Posted to rec.woodworking

"Leonard Shapiro" wrote in message
and since this a binary group pics are not available to be posted. I

finish
most other cherry projects with either oil or shellac, but in this case I
need to more or less match the furniture in the room with a stain or dye.

The "companion" binary group to this one is
alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking.

Posted to rec.woodworking

posted to the pictures.woodworking group
"