Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Harbor Freight bandsaw blades?

Any one with experience using HF bandsaw blades?

--
Frank Howell

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Mon, 20 Oct 2008 08:20:59 -0700, "Frank Howell" wrote:

Any one with experience using HF bandsaw blades?

YES!

hard to tell if the teeth or the back cut better...

As with their sandpaper and other stuff, their machines are a good deal for the
money, but buy name brand blades and abrasives.. YMWV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing
Posted to rec.woodworking
mjd mjd is offline

On Oct 20, 11:20*am, "Frank Howell" wrote:
Any one with experience using HF bandsaw blades?

--
Frank Howell

at the risk of sounding like a shill for Olson blades, since I've
posted a recommendation previously, try the Olson All-Pro. I bought a
used bandsaw about 6 months ago and got the Olson 3-pack for I think
39.99 and these things cut like butter. I guess the HFs are somewhat
cheaper, and I've never tried them, but if you're shopping around try
Olson.

Posted to rec.woodworking

"mjd" wrote in message
On Oct 20, 11:20 am, "Frank Howell" wrote:
Any one with experience using HF bandsaw blades?

--
Frank Howell

at the risk of sounding like a shill for Olson blades, since I've
posted a recommendation previously, try the Olson All-Pro. I bought a
used bandsaw about 6 months ago and got the Olson 3-pack for I think
39.99 and these things cut like butter. I guess the HFs are somewhat
cheaper, and I've never tried them, but if you're shopping around try
Olson.

Unless the blades are a total waste all new blades will cut well (no flame
intended, mjd). It's the longevity of a quality cut that determines the
value of the blade. I have no knowledge of the Olsons so I can't comment.
I have had good longevity with the Iturra blades. Boy, the name escapes
me - I recognized the name but had no prior experience with i t- but he
buys spools of blade stock and makes up the standard sizes in-house and can
knock out a custom size in short order. I

Posted to rec.woodworking

Frank Howell wrote:

Any one with experience using HF bandsaw blades?

Avoid and go to either Timberwolf or, my preference, Carter. Both work
better, last longer and cost less in the long run (actually, the run is not
all that long).

Deb

Posted to rec.woodworking

wrote:

Any one with experience using HF bandsaw blades?

YES!

hard to tell if the teeth or the back cut better...

As with their sandpaper and other stuff, their machines are a good
deal for the money, but buy name brand blades and abrasives.. YMWV

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Ok, it's back to Suffolk. You never know, sometimes HF gets a new supplier
with better performance, and sometimes just a new marketing name for the
same old inferior product.

--
Frank Howell

Posted to rec.woodworking

consider bcsaw.com

suggested in an article in FWW a few years back..

I've had good luck..