DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Teardrop Trailers (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/262494-teardrop-trailers.html)

DouginUtah October 12th 08 09:07 PM

Teardrop Trailers

I'm just thinking about starting a teardrop project and wonder if we could
get a general discussion going here--suggestions and tips and mistakes to
avoid, free plans, etc.

I haven't done a rec.woodworking google search but I don't think this has
ever been discussed here.

Lou October 13th 08 01:14 PM

Teardrop Trailers

On Oct 12, 3:07 pm, "DouginUtah" wrote:
I'm just thinking about starting a teardrop project and wonder if we could
get a general discussion going here--suggestions and tips and mistakes to
avoid, free plans, etc.

I haven't done a rec.woodworking google search but I don't think this has
ever been discussed here.

Try this.
http://www.mikenchell.com/
There are free plans and a discussion group just for these trailers.
It took me about 2 weeks to get mine into basic camping mode. After
that I do a little to it every couple of days so it will be in full
mode
for next years camping season.
Lou

Tom[_22_] October 13th 08 02:44 PM

Teardrop Trailers

DouginUtah wrote:
I'm just thinking about starting a teardrop project and wonder if we could
get a general discussion going here--suggestions and tips and mistakes to
avoid, free plans, etc.

I haven't done a rec.woodworking google search but I don't think this has
ever been discussed here.

A friend just recently built one of these - he got the plans from
http://www.kuffelcreek.com/. He pulls it behind his hot-rodded 1939 Ford
pickup to various car shows. It attracts a great deal of interest and
has helped him win several trophies.

Tom