Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Steel Toe Boots

I've taken a job with a stair shop that mostly makes curved staircases
and I'll be spending some time on their shop floor. They want anyone
on the floor to wear steel toe shoes. I haven't had a pair of them in
over twenty five years. Never cared for them, really. Thought they
made your toes extra cold in the winter.

Anyways, I need to buy a pair and I'm clueless about who might be
making the good ones these days. I've been wearing cross trainer
sneaks for the last ten years or so in deference to my barky knees.
They still bark so I need shoes that will help me out with that. The
work is inside, so they don't need to be insulated boots, just
something that will help me with my knee problem and address the steel
toe safety issue.

If any of you guys have opinions on this I'd be happy to hear them.

tom