Posted to rec.woodworking

Default O/T: The Bail Out

On Sep 29, 5:27*pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
On Sep 29, 4:45 pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Robatoy wrote:

SNIP

Also, your use of the words "Marxist" and "communist" and "liberal" is
incorrect and contradictory.
All three terms - as commonly used to describe some point of view -
live on the exact same continuum. *They are degrees of the same
pestilence...
That's just glib. You know better than that.
All three are forms of collectivism in which the power of the group
is used to take away from the individual. *They are - all three of them -
variations of the same mindset implemented in varying degrees.

This is a ridiculous over-simplification - kind of like suggesting

It is an entirely accurate taxonomy. *I'm sorry it hurts your feelings,
but this is what you are supporting.

You have failed to prove your first statement. It doesn't hurt my
feeling at all. After all, I am a liberal in the real sense of the
word.

that all Republicans are Fascists.

Most Republicans are also collectivists at some level. *

Some of my best friends are Republicans. Our arguments usually start
when they start to declare their sense of entitlement
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Nancy Pelosi is a MEANY HEAD! tears, wailing

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 06:12:43 -0700, D'ohBoy wrote:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to vote to bail out the world economy but Nancy Pelosi's
so mean I just couldn't. So in order to get back at her, I voted to
crash the world economy.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, now, cut'em some slack. You have to make allowances for the fact
that politicians are the worlds biggest egos wrapped up in sacks of
bombast :-).
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 05:56:06 -0700 (PDT), Robatoy
wrote:

On Sep 30, 8:00*am, Frank Boettcher wrote:
On Mon, 29 Sep 2008 16:34:16 -0500, Tim Daneliuk

wrote:
Jimbo wrote:
On Sep 29, 2:29 pm, Tim Daneliuk wrote:
Jimbo wrote:

SNIP

Comparing Obama to Carter doesn't really make a lot sense to me.
Maybe its an age thing
One is a Southern communist, the other one is an urban communist.

Anyway, you're comparing apples and oranges: Obama will be a beacon
for democracy (small d - not the party) in the US and the world. *His
You mean by meeting with Chavez, Ahmadinejad, Castro, Hezbolla,
and Hamas?

acceptance will be widespread and will include the disenfranchised.
Where "disenfranchised" = "everyone who wants something that does not
legitimately belong to them".

He will try to lower the ocean level by joining with the rest of the
developed world and trying to do something positive about climate
change. *
I hope he starts - if elected - by walking everywhere and eschewing
the use of all technology that is supposedly causing this imaginary
bugaboo of yours.

This should actually bring the US to a leadership position in

R&D, manufacture and use of alternative energy sources. *He will heal
Yes, by passing laws to make the economy work better on the command
of congress, no doubt.

the sick by improving medicare. *You have so much to look forward to
over the next eight years. *It's going to be great.
I thought he was going to heal the sick via miracles as he walked on
water.

So now you're suggesting that climate change is an "imaginary
bugaboo"? *

Oh, some level of warming is inarguably happening. *However,
claiming (without proof) it is: a) Manmade, b) Can be fixed by man, and c) Demonstrably bad for mankind is the bugaboo.

You might also mention that in the name of global warming remediation
the UN is promoting the largest global redistribution of wealth in the
history of mankind.

If I send out 2 bags of garbage each week, and Joe Schlebotnik, next
door, sends 60 bags of garbage each week, week after week, year after
year, I think it would be fair if he paid higher garbage taxes than I.

So Joe's neighbor looks over the fence and say's "hey, I want what
he's got" and since Joe's watchdog helped to take much of what Joe has
away and push it over the fence, he'll certainly end up with it.
Joe's watchdog also made Joe put a precipitator on his chimney,
devices on his wagon, and generally made Joe become a better citizen.
However, his neighbor is projected to take Joe's place as the major
producer of garbage in the future, and Joe's neighbor has no watchdog
and does not intend to do anything and is certainly not doing anything
now to reduce the production of garbage.

"One hundred thirty-seven (137) developing countries have ratified the
protocol, including Brazil, China and India, but have no obligation
beyond monitoring and reporting emissions."

Country Change in greenhouse gas
Emissions (1990-2004)
US +15.8%
Russian Federation -32%
China +47%
India +55%

It is widely believed by many experts that the Kyoto protocol will due
almost nothing to reduce global warming, but will cause an accelerated
shift of economic power from developed nations to developing nations.

If one takes a look at the finite abilities of mother earth to give us
fossil fuels, and finite space to dump our garbage, those who use and
waste the most, should pay the most. I would have NO problem with the
adjustment of gasoline prices, dependent on whether it gets poured
into an average person's car or some fat-cat's gas-guzzling pleasure
boat.

Comrade Rob

Charge twice as much for health insurance from those who are smokers.

Most of the insurance in the U. S. is not insurance, it is employer
based self insured health coverage. The employer picks up the tab,
has a third party administrator who, for a very small fee, processes
the claims and qualifies the providers. In most large concerns the
cost sharing ratio is about 80/20 employer/employee

Because of the most recent HIPPA laws, it is not legal for an employer
to even know anything about those that he is paying health care
coverage for. For instance, if I look at my roster and see that old
joe up there has a heart condition and I use that information to try
to get him into a smoking cessation and exercise program, which I
would pay for as an employer, I can be sued for same.

I'm encouraged that a few employers are actually trying a graduated
premium system based on lifestyle issues such as smoking, but feel it
wil be a long drawn out affair because of HIPPA and will depend on the
outcome of the inevitable legal events. What is more likely to happen
is what is already happening, that is, employers will continue to
eliminate health care as a benefit.

If you're going to screw with the machinery, you should pay for the
repairs. And that holds true on all levels.
And while we're at it, why keep paying for all those jails? Move them
into tents along that new railroad they need to be building for us. A
whole new web of railroads. High speed and sturdy branch lines.
Electrified with well-placed nukes. Get them damned trucks off the
roads.

ACLU will be estatic with the increased activity they will see.

Frank

Replace Palin with Ron Paul.

Posted to rec.woodworking

Larry Blanchard wrote:
On Tue, 30 Sep 2008 06:12:43 -0700, D'ohBoy wrote:

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was going to vote to bail out the world economy but Nancy
Pelosi's
so mean I just couldn't. So in order to get back at her, I voted
crash the world economy.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, now, cut'em some slack. You have to make allowances for the
fact
that politicians are the worlds biggest egos wrapped up in sacks of
bombast :-).

Is that what you call what they're wrapped in? I would have called it
something else.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)