Top Spin

Default Posting photos

What's the best way to post photos of projects for comments?

For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
Mark Jerde

Top Spin wrote:
What's the best way to post photos of projects for comments?

There are two ways.

1. Put the photos on a web site and put the link here.

2. Post them in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. Note that some people's
newsservers don't get all the pictures.

-- Mark

Mark Jerde

George Berlinger wrote:
yea, i get the text but no pictures, anything i can do.......

http://www.usenet-replayer.com/group...ing.en.html.gz

-- Mark

Top Spin

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 16:31:48 GMT, "Mark Jerde"
wrote:

Top Spin wrote:
What's the best way to post photos of projects for comments?

There are two ways.

1. Put the photos on a web site and put the link here.

I don't have a web site. Are there "public" web sites that will let me
post photos or rent space?

2. Post them in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. Note that some people's
newsservers don't get all the pictures.

That would work, but my server (CIS-DFN) doesn't support binaries.
Anyway, I'd rather post it here.

For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com

Mark Jerde

Top Spin wrote:

I don't have a web site. Are there "public" web sites that will let me
post photos or rent space?

g http://www.google.com/search?q=free+web+hosting

-- Mark

Larry Bud

Top Spin wrote in message . ..
What's the best way to post photos of projects for comments?

Either on the binaries woodworking group, or a link to a web page that
you set up. I do mine with the latter, as the photos will eventually
roll off the binaries group.
Doug Miller

In article , Top Spin wrote:

2. Post them in alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking. Note that some people's
newsservers don't get all the pictures.

That would work, but my server (CIS-DFN) doesn't support binaries.
Anyway, I'd rather post it here.

Your preference is irrelevant: this isn't a binaries group. Most servers
quietly drop binary attachments in non-binaries groups.
Alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking is the established place for posting
pictures relevant to this group.

In any event, if your server doesn't support binaries, you can't post it here
either.

Top Spin

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 17:40:44 GMT, "Mark Jerde"
wrote:

Top Spin wrote:

I don't have a web site. Are there "public" web sites that will let me
post photos or rent space?

g http://www.google.com/search?q=free+web+hosting

I do know about both free and paid web hosting. I was trying to avoid
the hassle of setting up a web site just for one or two photos.

Thanks

For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
Larry C

Your comment to the second point struck me as odd. "Anyway, I'd rather
post it here." This is a text group and ABPW is the group you should
post the pictures to rather than here. I understand your ISP won't
allow you to post binaries anywhere, but I just wanted to clarify that
ABPW would be the proper place and not here.

Since you don't have a web site and your ISP won't allow you access to
binary groups then it sounds like the best way for you to post photos is
to change one of the above.

--
Larry C in Auburn WA

For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com

Top Spin

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 19:37:56 GMT, "Larry C"
wrote:

Your comment to the second point struck me as odd. "Anyway, I'd rather
post it here." This is a text group and ABPW is the group you should
post the pictures to rather than here. I understand your ISP won't
allow you to post binaries anywhere, but I just wanted to clarify that
ABPW would be the proper place and not here.

Yes, I understand that. I meant that I would rather post the message
here with a link to the photo than post the binary to ABPW.

Since you don't have a web site and your ISP won't allow you access to
binary groups then it sounds like the best way for you to post photos is
to change one of the above.

I thought I had seen some posts here with links to photos that looked
like they were using some other mechanism. Maybe I was mistaken as I
can't find any examples.

PS: Not that it matters, but it's it's the news server, not the ISP,
that won't accept binaries.

For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
Larry C in Auburn, WA

Cool. You could send the photos to someone that can post on ABPW. You
wouldn't be able to see them yourself, but the rest of us could and with the
text posted here you'll see the replies.
--
Larry C in Auburn, WA

For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com

Gerry

Use this site, it is designed for the purpose you wish. alt.binaries.pictures.woodworking
You might also find the site interesting as well.

---

Doug Miller

In article H0_Mb.13737$Eq.12965@clgrps12, "Gerry" wrote:

------=_NextPart_000_00E6_01C3D9DE.E2E177A0

[snip]

Please don't post HTML to newsgroups.
See www.houghi.org for more information.

Top Spin

On Mon, 12 Jan 2004 23:16:03 GMT, "Larry C in Auburn, WA"
wrote:

Cool. You could send the photos to someone that can post on ABPW. You
wouldn't be able to see them yourself, but the rest of us could and with the
text posted here you'll see the replies.

I'm puzzled. Are you:

a. Trying to pull my chain?

b. Just having a bad day and a little cranky?

c. A jerk or a troll?

d. Pretending to be stupid and/or illiterate?

e. Genuinely stupid and/or illiterate?

For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
Mark Jerde

wrote:

Cool. You could send the photos to someone that can post on ABPW.
You wouldn't be able to see them yourself, but the rest of us could
and with the text posted here you'll see the replies.

I'm puzzled. Are you:

a. Trying to pull my chain?

b. Just having a bad day and a little cranky?

c. A jerk or a troll?

d. Pretending to be stupid and/or illiterate?

e. Genuinely stupid and/or illiterate?

How about

f. None of the above.

You have things you would like to post. You can't do it, but you could
email the photos to one of us who can. With a primary thread on this
newsgroup, you would be able to get the feedback.

Sounds like a reasonable offer to me. ;-) Email them to me and I'll post
them. I have access to two newsservers that accept binaries.

-- Mark

Top Spin

wrote:

Cool. You could send the photos to someone that can post on ABPW. You
wouldn't be able to see them yourself, but the rest of us could and with the
text posted here you'll see the replies.

Larry,

Sorry for my previous post. That was uncalled for. I misread your
post. I should have "thought twice, posted once". You were only trying
to help. Sorry.

For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com

Top Spin

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 02:39:36 GMT, "Mark Jerde"
wrote:

f. None of the above.

Yes, you are right. I was out of line.

You have things you would like to post. You can't do it, but you could
email the photos to one of us who can. With a primary thread on this
newsgroup, you would be able to get the feedback.

I could find a newsserver that supports binaries, but, as I tried to
explain, I thought I had seen people posting links here and I was just
asking if there was some way to do that without setting up my own
website. I'll sign up with a newsserver that permits binaries and psot
to ABPW.

Sounds like a reasonable offer to me. ;-) Email them to me and I'll post
them. I have access to two newsservers that accept binaries.

Thanks.

For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com
Mark Jerde

Top Spin wrote:

I could find a newsserver that supports binaries, but, as I tried to
explain, I thought I had seen people posting links here and I was just
asking if there was some way to do that without setting up my own
website. I'll sign up with a newsserver that permits binaries and psot
to ABPW.

rec.crafts.metalworking has a "drop box" where people can post pictures.
http://metalworking.com/DropBox/

I would like to do the same with my site but I don't know enough to set it
up.
www.markjerde.com
(Don't bother going there, there's no "There" there yet.)

-- Mark

Larry C in Auburn, WA

No problem; done it once or twice myself. I was thinking of sending you a
copy of my Mensa id card though just to eliminate a couple of the choices...

Larry C in Auburn, WA

For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com

Top Spin

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004 03:43:56 GMT, "Larry C in Auburn, WA"
wrote:

No problem; done it once or twice myself. I was thinking of sending you a
copy of my Mensa id card though just to eliminate a couple of the choices...

OK, thanks

For email, use Usenet-20031220 at spamex.com

Changing A Lightbulb, A lesson in Posting? Boris Beizer Metalworking 5 March 27th 04 12:20 AM
Olin College of Engineering shop photos axolotl Metalworking 0 January 19th 04 01:08 AM
Custome Home Libraries - More Photos and Ideas sclymer Woodworking 0 September 24th 03 12:31 PM
Top vs Bottom posting Dave UK diy 54 September 4th 03 12:00 PM
Photos of work Lenny Woodworking 1 July 16th 03 09:30 PM