DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   "I found out how to do this on the Internet" (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/26020-%22i-found-out-how-do-internet%22.html)

AL January 10th 04 11:47 PM

"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Norm say this on today's butterfly
table episode. He was drarwing an ellipse with a clamp n tool and a piece
of plywood at 90 degrees.

Phisherman January 11th 04 12:39 AM

"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

On Sat, 10 Jan 2004 23:47:05 GMT, "AL"
wrote:

I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Norm say this on today's butterfly
table episode. He was drarwing an ellipse with a clamp n tool and a piece
of plywood at 90 degrees.

I saw that. I use a string loop, two focus points, and a pencil.

George M. Kazaka January 11th 04 02:04 AM

"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

I always go to the Internet for ovals here is a site that does it for ya

http://www.anvilfire.com/21centbs/math/ovals.htm

Mark & Juanita January 11th 04 03:18 AM

"AL" wrote in message
I couldn't believe my ears when I heard Norm say this on today's butterfly
table episode. He was drarwing an ellipse with a clamp n tool and a piece
of plywood at 90 degrees.

How many other people, upon seeing the subject of this thread, thought
it was another one of those send $5 5 places and get millions back spam?
Not dinging the original poster here, it just aggravates me when my
cynical nature gets in the way of being hospitable.

Edwin Pawlowski January 11th 04 04:56 AM

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
How many other people, upon seeing the subject of this thread, thought
it was another one of those send $5 5 places and get millions back spam?
Not dinging the original poster here, it just aggravates me when my
cynical nature gets in the way of being hospitable.

Count me in. You can't get much more cynical than I.
Ed

Reyd Dorakeen January 11th 04 06:23 AM

"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

in article , Edwin Pawlowski
at wrote on 1/10/04 8:56 PM:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
How many other people, upon seeing the subject of this thread, thought
it was another one of those send $5 5 places and get millions back spam?
Not dinging the original poster here, it just aggravates me when my
cynical nature gets in the way of being hospitable.

Count me in. You can't get much more cynical than I.
Ed

I did, Figured it was either a fast way to make money add, or something
involving less clothes.

Silvan January 11th 04 06:27 AM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

cynical nature gets in the way of being hospitable.

Count me in. You can't get much more cynical than I.

That's an interesting challenge. How can I prove I'm more cynical than you
are?

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/

Rich Grise January 11th 04 11:43 AM

"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

Possibly interestingly, my first thought was that it would
be a story of someone doing something really stupid, proudly
demoing how they can, oh, I don't know - clean a toilet with
ammonia and battery acid or something. ;-)

Cheers!
Rich

(To demunge email, elide ard.)

Edwin Pawlowski January 11th 04 12:39 PM

"Silvan" wrote in message
That's an interesting challenge. How can I prove I'm more cynical than

you
are?

I'm so cynical I don't believe a work I say.
OK, top that!
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

David Hall January 11th 04 03:08 PM

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

cynical nature gets in the way of being hospitable.

Count me in. You can't get much more cynical than I.

That's an interesting challenge. How can I prove I'm more cynical than you
are?

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan

Well, for one, by not reading or responding to this thread because the truly
cynical would have thought it was spam and simply skipped over it and all the
reponses since (Damn, I guess I am not a cynical as I thought I was).

Dave Hall

Bridger January 11th 04 04:44 PM

"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:39:28 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski"
wrote:

I'm so cynical I don't believe a work I say.
OK, top that!
Ed

http://pages.cthome.net/edhome

"a work you say" ?
damn, that's cynical....

Edwin Pawlowski January 11th 04 04:50 PM

"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

"Bridger" wrote in message
"a work you say" ?
damn, that's cynical....

Told you. I don't even trust my spell check when it should have been a "d"
instead of a "k".
Ed

Everett M. Greene January 11th 04 05:43 PM

"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

"Edwin Pawlowski" writes:
"Silvan" wrote
That's an interesting challenge. How can I prove I'm more
cynical than you are?

I'm so cynical I don't believe a word I say.
OK, top that!

I'll bet you don't even believe that.

Mark & Juanita January 11th 04 08:17 PM

"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

In article ,
says...
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

cynical nature gets in the way of being hospitable.

Count me in. You can't get much more cynical than I.

That's an interesting challenge. How can I prove I'm more cynical than you
are?

I don't think you can. :-)

TexasFireGuy January 12th 04 06:43 PM

"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

"Reyd Dorakeen" wrote in message
in article , Edwin Pawlowski
at wrote on 1/10/04 8:56 PM:

"Mark & Juanita" wrote in message
How many other people, upon seeing the subject of this thread, thought
it was another one of those send $5 5 places and get millions back

spam?
Not dinging the original poster here, it just aggravates me when my
cynical nature gets in the way of being hospitable.

Count me in. You can't get much more cynical than I.
Ed

I did, Figured it was either a fast way to make money add, or something
involving less clothes.

.....and you looked just in case it was the latter?

Robert Bonomi January 12th 04 09:09 PM

"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

In article ,
Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"I'm so cynical I don't say a word I believe."
(posted _above_ Ed's remark just _to_ 'top' it, as requested. *snicker*)

Reyd Dorakeen January 13th 04 01:40 AM

"I found out how to do this on the Internet"

If you havent noticed, I've been amusing myself posting replies to
obvious viruses
stupid ads for stuff
scams

in article , TexasFireGuy at