DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   Changing Table Plan (https://www.diybanter.com/woodworking/257054-changing-table-plan.html)

Otoe[_2_] August 2nd 08 03:10 PM

Changing Table Plan

Anyone have a pointer for a corner baby changing table? This plan
would allow a fit in a room corner and allow the baby to lay its
legs toward room center to more easily change a diaper.

I've found several plans that are above a chest of some sort
but this requires the baby to lay sideways to the diaper
changer.

Thanks,

Otoe

Han August 2nd 08 03:24 PM

Changing Table Plan

Otoe wrote in news:neq8945b6g96vbh381n4stqnk9ap5f59i4@
4ax.com:

Anyone have a pointer for a corner baby changing table? This plan
would allow a fit in a room corner and allow the baby to lay its
legs toward room center to more easily change a diaper.

I've found several plans that are above a chest of some sort
but this requires the baby to lay sideways to the diaper
changer.

Thanks,

Otoe

I've always found that the baby laying with his/her head to my left and
legs to my right allowed for easiest changing. An aiming device for male
infants is handy too.

YMMV. As a grandpa, I have only occasional use for the techniques
learned first about 36 years ago ...
--
Best regards
Han

Doug Miller August 2nd 08 04:11 PM

Changing Table Plan

In article , Otoe wrote:

Anyone have a pointer for a corner baby changing table? This plan
would allow a fit in a room corner and allow the baby to lay its
legs toward room center to more easily change a diaper.

I've found several plans that are above a chest of some sort
but this requires the baby to lay sideways to the diaper
changer.

My guess is you haven't changed too many diapers... because "sideways to the
diaper changer" is exactly the way it should be.

Thanks,

Otoe

Jeff J August 3rd 08 04:56 PM

Changing Table Plan

On Aug 2, 11:11 am, (Doug Miller) wrote:

Exactly. My wife once tried changing my youngest with his bottom
facing her. He "let go" and pooped all down her front.

Lesson: never stand downrange of a naked baby's butt.

Otoe[_2_] August 3rd 08 08:01 PM

Changing Table Plan

On Sat, 02 Aug 2008 15:11:04 GMT, (Doug Miller)
wrote:

My guess is you haven't changed too many diapers... because "sideways to the
diaper changer" is exactly the way it should be.

I guess I've been lucky with my two. We just used the bed with a
rubberized pad/sheet. I'm more afraid of the baby rolling off a
sideways table.

Otoe

N Hurst August 4th 08 04:51 PM

Changing Table Plan

wrote:

My guess is you haven't changed too many diapers... because "sideways to the
diaper changer" is exactly the way it should be.

I guess I've been lucky with my two. We just used the bed with a
rubberized pad/sheet. I'm more afraid of the baby rolling off a
sideways table.

Otoe

The floor's been good enough for us once the little tyke outgrew the
sofa.