Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Where is everybody?

Has the group been very quiet lately or is my ISP dropping messages?
In the past week or so, the usual dozens of messages a day have fallen
off to just a few per day, at least on my ISP's server.

Reply-to address is real
John
Posted to rec.woodworking

John writes:

Has the group been very quiet lately or is my ISP dropping messages?
In the past week or so, the usual dozens of messages a day have fallen
off to just a few per day, at least on my ISP's server.

I don't know. However, roadrunner and comcast recently announced they
would stop providing NNTP service. I had to find another server. I'm
using GLORB.com for $10 a year.
Posted to rec.woodworking

John wrote:
Has the group been very quiet lately or is my ISP dropping messages?
In the past week or so, the usual dozens of messages a day have fallen
off to just a few per day, at least on my ISP's server.

Reply-to address is real
John

Here I is. I've been hiding behind the table saw in front of the lathe.

--
Gerald Ross
Cochran, GA

A bachelor is a selfish, undeserving
guy who has cheated some woman out of
a divorce.

Posted to rec.woodworking

On Wed, 09 Jul 2008 05:52:11 -0400, John wrote:

Has the group been very quiet lately or is my ISP dropping messages?
In the past week or so, the usual dozens of messages a day have fallen
off to just a few per day, at least on my ISP's server.

Reply-to address is real
John

My hope is that now that some of you in colder climates have thawed out, more
folks are in the shop and less on their computers..

OTOH, my guess would be that the when the big ISPs dropped this or all
newsgroups, only the hardcore folks found other newsgroup feeds..

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing

Posted to rec.woodworking

mapdude wrote in
:

Nope, I'm just on after dark...

Pat Barber wrote:
Traffic drops a lot in the summer...

Lawn mowing
gardening
vacations

Anyone else thinking about running lights out to the garden so they can
enjoy the wRECk during the heat of the day (when you want to be either
asleep or in the air conditioning)?

Puckdropper
--
Can you believe that was just once sentence?
Posted to rec.woodworking

Puckdropper wrote:

Anyone else thinking about running lights out to the garden so they
can enjoy the wRECk during the heat of the day (when you want to be
either asleep or in the air conditioning)?

Puckdropper

Neighbors really think your a bit odd when you do......But for years (before
getting sick) because of work and sleep demands much of my yard work was
after dark...it takes some effort to control glare and shadows. Back when
the kids were still kids, I and a friend built a wood platform/playhouse and
17 ft slide, much of it after dark.....one night at 2am it dawned on us that
maybe a framing hammer and skill saw at that hour was not quite respecting
my neighbors (no complaints though)...nonetheless for ever more I've been a
bit more noise conscious. Old habits die hard, as last week I was potting
plants at midnight mostly to avoid the heat of the day and to get the dang
things done. Rod