Posted to rec.woodworking
V V is offline

Default Confirmat Drill bit

Hello everyone,

I am updating my closet and using a prebound Formica on particle
board. (Similar to melamine with a wood grain pattern) I was told the
best thing to use for joining two pieces together is a Confirmat
screw. Well I found the screws (which are stepped) but have been
unable to find a Confirmat bit. I have tried Rockler, WoodCraft, and
Lee Valley without success... Does anyone know where I can purchase a
Confirmat drill bit?

Thanks,
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 29, 9:50*pm, V wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am updating my closet and using a prebound Formica on particle
board. (Similar to melamine with a wood grain pattern) *I was told the
best thing to use for joining two pieces together is a Confirmat
screw. *Well I found the screws (which are stepped) but have been
unable to find a Confirmat bit. *I have tried Rockler, WoodCraft, and
Lee Valley without success... Does anyone know where I can purchase a
Confirmat drill bit?

Thanks,

Hafele carries them. They're expensive.
Posted to rec.woodworking

V wrote:
Hello everyone,

I am updating my closet and using a prebound Formica on particle
board. (Similar to melamine with a wood grain pattern) I was told
the
best thing to use for joining two pieces together is a Confirmat
screw. Well I found the screws (which are stepped) but have been
unable to find a Confirmat bit. I have tried Rockler, WoodCraft,
and
Lee Valley without success... Does anyone know where I can purchase
Confirmat drill bit?

The local Woodcraft had both sizes in stock.
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=20286

McFeelys has starter kits with screws, drill bit, and driver bit.
http://www.mcfeelys.com/category.aspx?cat=confirmat-assembly&s_kwcid=confirmat|988023781

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"V" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I am updating my closet and using a prebound Formica on particle
board. (Similar to melamine with a wood grain pattern) I was told the
best thing to use for joining two pieces together is a Confirmat
screw. Well I found the screws (which are stepped) but have been
unable to find a Confirmat bit. I have tried Rockler, WoodCraft, and
Lee Valley without success... Does anyone know where I can purchase a
Confirmat drill bit?

Thanks,

http://www.cabinetmart.com/drill-bits.html

The price is a bit steep though. $31 US

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message

The local Woodcraft had both sizes in stock.
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=20286

McFeelys has starter kits with screws, drill bit, and driver bit.
http://www.mcfeelys.com/category.aspx?cat=confirmat-assembly&s_kwcid=confirmat|988023781

I notice they are not stepped though. How important is that?

Posted to rec.woodworking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"J. Clarke" wrote in message

The local Woodcraft had both sizes in stock.
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=20286

McFeelys has starter kits with screws, drill bit, and driver bit.
http://www.mcfeelys.com/category.aspx?cat=confirmat-assembly&s_kwcid=confirmat|988023781

I notice they are not stepped though. How important is that?

I put up a couple of photos of the screw and bit at
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3938372...7605895859782/.
One is a close up of the step on the bit--it's small but it's there.

The bit in the photos is one that I got at Woodcraft, but looking
closely at the markings on it I noticed that it's marked "McFeelys".

In any case, it seems to work fine.

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"V" wrote in message
Hello everyone,

I am updating my closet and using a prebound Formica on particle
board. (Similar to melamine with a wood grain pattern) I was told
the best thing to use for joining two pieces together is a
Confirmat
screw. Well I found the screws (which are stepped) but have been
unable to find a Confirmat bit. I have tried Rockler, WoodCraft,
and
Lee Valley without success... Does anyone know where I can purchase
Confirmat drill bit?

Thanks,

http://www.cabinetmart.com/drill-bits.html

The price is a bit steep though. $31 US

Is that for one bit or for a set of three different sizes?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)

Posted to rec.woodworking

"J. Clarke" wrote in message
http://www.cabinetmart.com/drill-bits.html

The price is a bit steep though. $31 US

Is that for one bit or for a set of three different sizes?

--John

One bit, but the steps look more pronounced than the Woodcraft bits. I've
not seen one first hand.