Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cremotary Urn

Sent out a beautiful crematory urn today, Poplar wood aged to a wonderful
golden hue, finish like a mirror, 6 coats of poly each rubbed out and two
coats of wax. Jewelry box top with brass fittings that shown like gold and
looked wonderful with the hue of the poplar, green lining in the top that
set off the wood perfectly. One of the best I have ever made. Wish I could
have thrown it against the wall and smashed it to hell! rather then ship it.
Brother in law will be buried in it Saturday. I know they wish to show me
honer by asking me to make them but they are the hardest things to make I
have ever done in my life, They hurt twice once when I make them and once
when I ship them out. I wouldn't not make them for anything. Thanks for
letting me vent.

Posted to rec.woodworking

sweet sawdust wrote:
Sent out a beautiful crematory urn today, Poplar wood aged to a wonderful
golden hue, finish like a mirror, 6 coats of poly each rubbed out and two
coats of wax. Jewelry box top with brass fittings that shown like gold and
looked wonderful with the hue of the poplar, green lining in the top that
set off the wood perfectly. One of the best I have ever made. Wish I could
have thrown it against the wall and smashed it to hell! rather then ship it.
Brother in law will be buried in it Saturday. I know they wish to show me
honer by asking me to make them but they are the hardest things to make I
have ever done in my life, They hurt twice once when I make them and once
when I ship them out. I wouldn't not make them for anything. Thanks for
letting me vent.

You're welcome, bud. I'm sure they're a bitch to make. Thank you for
sharing that with us.

But you did it, and you did the right thing. You already know that.

Yes, they showed you honour, and respect not only your talent but your
love for the man - and for your sister. They included you in as loving a
way as they could.

My condolences to you and your family.

Tanus
Posted to rec.woodworking

I understand your feelings. Most of my urns are made for pets. I have 4
in my shop for my past shop partners. it brings a lump to my throat
every time I look at them. But I wouldn't have it other way other that
have them alive.

--

Richard

Richard L. Rombold
WIZARD WOODWORKING
489 N. 32nd. St.
Springfield, Or .97478

Take a look at my mess and work.
http://www.PictureTrail.com/gallery/...ername=thewizz

"Do not meddle in the affairs of Dragons, for thou art crunchy and taste
good with ketchup"
Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Cremation Urn

I've done that. I was honored that they asked me.

Posted to rec.woodworking

sweet sawdust wrote:
Sent out a beautiful crematory urn today, Poplar wood aged to a wonderful
golden hue, finish like a mirror, 6 coats of poly each rubbed out and two
coats of wax. Jewelry box top with brass fittings that shown like gold and
looked wonderful with the hue of the poplar, green lining in the top that
set off the wood perfectly. One of the best I have ever made. Wish I could
have thrown it against the wall and smashed it to hell! rather then ship it.
Brother in law will be buried in it Saturday. I know they wish to show me
honer by asking me to make them but they are the hardest things to make I
have ever done in my life,

I made one for my father-in-law who passed recently. I agree. It's the
hardest thing to make. I was an emotional wreck the whole time I worked
on it. I'm really glad I was asked to make it however, and am honored to
have been asked by my family.

My condolences on your loss.

Rick
http://www.thunderworksinc.com

snip

Posted to rec.woodworking

Thanks to all for your sympathy and condolences. I make these things up in
advance so they are ready when needed. If I had to make them up as needed I
wouldn't be able to function.

Sweet Sawdust
"sweet sawdust" wrote in message
Sent out a beautiful crematory urn today, Poplar wood aged to a wonderful
golden hue, finish like a mirror, 6 coats of poly each rubbed out and two
coats of wax. Jewelry box top with brass fittings that shown like gold
and looked wonderful with the hue of the poplar, green lining in the top
that set off the wood perfectly. One of the best I have ever made. Wish I
could have thrown it against the wall and smashed it to hell! rather then
ship it.
Brother in law will be buried in it Saturday. I know they wish to show me
honer by asking me to make them but they are the hardest things to make I
have ever done in my life, They hurt twice once when I make them and once
when I ship them out. I wouldn't not make them for anything. Thanks for
letting me vent.

Posted to rec.woodworking

In article ,
"sweet sawdust" wrote:

Sent out a beautiful crematory urn today, Poplar wood aged to a wonderful
golden hue, finish like a mirror, 6 coats of poly each rubbed out and two
coats of wax. Jewelry box top with brass fittings that shown like gold and
looked wonderful with the hue of the poplar, green lining in the top that
set off the wood perfectly. One of the best I have ever made. Wish I could
have thrown it against the wall and smashed it to hell! rather then ship it.
Brother in law will be buried in it Saturday. I know they wish to show me
honer by asking me to make them but they are the hardest things to make I
have ever done in my life, They hurt twice once when I make them and once
when I ship them out. I wouldn't not make them for anything. Thanks for
letting me vent.

My sympathies, I once had to make one for a BIL, using wood from a tree
his father had planted. Tough job, but they do look great with all the
love we put into them

Personal e-mail is the n7bsn but at amsat.org
RV and Camping FAQ can be found at
http://www.ralphandellen.us/rv
Posted to rec.woodworking

"sweet sawdust" wrote:

Sent out a beautiful crematory urn today, Poplar wood aged to a wonderful
golden hue, finish like a mirror, 6 coats of poly each rubbed out and two
coats of wax. Jewelry box top with brass fittings that shown like gold and
looked wonderful with the hue of the poplar, green lining in the top that
set off the wood perfectly. One of the best I have ever made. Wish I could
have thrown it against the wall and smashed it to hell! rather then ship it.
Brother in law will be buried in it Saturday. I know they wish to show me
honer by asking me to make them but they are the hardest things to make I
have ever done in my life, They hurt twice once when I make them and once
when I ship them out. I wouldn't not make them for anything. Thanks for
letting me vent.

I made one for my dad last year. A final "I love you". I understand.

-- Doug
Posted to rec.woodworking

On Jun 11, 5:38 pm, "sweet sawdust"
wrote:
Sent out a beautiful crematory urn today, Poplar wood aged to a wonderful
golden hue, finish like a mirror, 6 coats of poly each rubbed out and two
coats of wax. Jewelry box top with brass fittings that shown like gold and
looked wonderful with the hue of the poplar, green lining in the top that
set off the wood perfectly. One of the best I have ever made. Wish I could
have thrown it against the wall and smashed it to hell! rather then ship it.
Brother in law will be buried in it Saturday. I know they wish to show me
honer by asking me to make them but they are the hardest things to make I
have ever done in my life, They hurt twice once when I make them and once
when I ship them out. I wouldn't not make them for anything. Thanks for
letting me vent.

I made an urn for my wife of 27 years last year. I know how you feel.